Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help wiring problem on ls swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help wiring problem on ls swap

Having a problem trying to figure out how to get the computer hot to the wiring harness wondering if anyone has done this i gotta 79 chevy truck with a 6.o maybe i just dont have some sensor hooked up right??? The harness is just stock outta a 03 truck as is the motor also...
Old 07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Did you make your own stand alone harness or are you running it off the factory fuse block?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to give a lot more information on what is there and what was done.. What was modified on the harness, did you buy it or have it done to a stand alone harness.?

BC
Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Teching In

factory fuse block. its has a custom cam will the cam sensor need changed out, the harness was off of a 5.3 crank knock cam sensor everything but my oil sensor is pluged in i just dont know how to get my computer hot. fuse block is connected needing to know what to check for power... sorry i've never messed with electronic computers and kinda going into this just trail and error any help would be a big plus
Old 07-25-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well.. without looking at the Pin out or Diagram.. you would need to power up the PCM with 2 battery type of power..

One would be the Constant 12+ Battery. I would assume your fuse block is already wired to the Battery/Alternator as a constant hot 12+volt. And that should be feeding the PCM (and other devices) Constant Hot 12+ volts.

Assuming the Fuse box is wire to the PCM for fused power, The other power source is the Ign 12+ that would only be given power once the Ign Key is either in the Run or Start prosition.
Your 79 Truck should have a HEI distributor.. take that Red Hot wire and wire it to the Fuse box and to the fuse(s) that would be expecting the Ign Hot power. Is there a fuse that is marked PCM or ECM ? follow that fuse wires.
Someone might be able to give you which termnial as I don't have the information or documentation (pin out / diagram).

Hopefully this will give you some basic direction to go on. But you really need to get the wiring diagrams and pin out and study them.. once you figure them out, you will have a much better understanding of how the PCM, Harness and everything works together. It is not really that hard.

BC
Old 07-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read here for pin outs and what can be removed and what needs power and grounds. http://www.lt1swap.com/2000harness.htm

and you will need reflash for cam and turn off security ( vats ) to get it to run.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Teching In

ok thats for the help guys, ill try some things and let you know how it turns out

Quick Reply: Help wiring problem on ls swap