Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purple wire from ignition switch to underhood fuse block??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Purple wire from ignition switch to underhood fuse block??????

Where does the purple wire that used to go to the starter tie into the underhood fuse block. I am talking about the old wire from the ignition switch not the wire in the new harness that comes from the underhood fuse block, it is attached to the starter. I am using the underhood fuse block from a 02 silverado, I have been reading and trying to figure this out for over an hour. Vehicle is a 85 burban. I know it is simple but I just can't seem to figure this one out.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

C1 connector (GM designation) (light grey color) contains the starter solenoid wire, position C10, purple with white trace. Connect this to the wire that went to your old starter solenoid. Also, A9, pink, is switched ignition return from the ignition switch. Connect this to the circuit that used to power the ignition coil.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by G-Body
C1 connector (GM designation) (light grey color) contains the starter solenoid wire, position C10, purple with white trace. Connect this to the wire that went to your old starter solenoid. Also, A9, pink, is switched ignition return from the ignition switch. Connect this to the circuit that used to power the ignition coil.
I saw that purple wire with white trace and thought that was it but it is a small wire so that is what was throwing me off. I assume cut it and splice to where it is feeding the fuse block, not feeding back towards the harness?

I have A9 pink hooked up as you describe. I have done 3 or 4 car harnesses but this is my 1st truck harness using the fuse block, seems to damn easy.

Thanks for the Help!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Many times the purple wire from ignition goes to a neutral safety switch. I'm not sure if this is the case here, but worth looking into.

Brandon
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Launching!

So do I tie the wire into the fuse block or back into the harness??????? Any help appreciated. This is the last wire I have left to hook up.

Quick Reply: Purple wire from ignition switch to underhood fuse block??????