Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo lm7 foxbody swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you could update or post pics later as to how well the fbody pan fits on the UPR k-member.

I've been working on getting the LS1 with fbody pan to fit on the 2.3L k-member in my 1991 while also getting my Accufab 1 7/8 headers to fit, and I just don't see it happening. I'm thinking of just ordering the UPR stuff since it's going to be the cheapest for the whole kit (k-member, control arms, coil overs). I already have solid 4.6L mounts modified to bolt to the four mounting bosses on the block.

I also had to slot my mod motor mounts to get them to fit the LS block, I think it's just because the mod motor mounts are on different centers than the block bosses.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by usdmholden
If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you could update or post pics later as to how well the fbody pan fits on the UPR k-member.

I've been working on getting the LS1 with fbody pan to fit on the 2.3L k-member in my 1991 while also getting my Accufab 1 7/8 headers to fit, and I just don't see it happening. I'm thinking of just ordering the UPR stuff since it's going to be the cheapest for the whole kit (k-member, control arms, coil overs). I already have solid 4.6L mounts modified to bolt to the four mounting bosses on the block.

I also had to slot my mod motor mounts to get them to fit the LS block, I think it's just because the mod motor mounts are on different centers than the block bosses.

Thanks
ya I will, when i mocked up the k member to the block i took some measurements and i believe the fbody and ctsv pan will fit no problem, but ya im hoping to be dropping the motor in in the next few weeks so shouldnt be too long.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

quick update, finished the drivers side corner for good and got half way through the passenger side corner

Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

I finished the passenger corner then moved back to the engine to finish it and get it ready for paint. trying to get it ready for paint in the next week or so. here's some pictures

brought the sandblaster out and did some work on it for awhile, mainly just to get up inside the shock tower

started on the drivers side
Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Looking good man, keep up the good work
Old 06-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Nice work so far
Old 06-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

get held back a little didnt get any work done yesterday due to going to KOTS in Union grove. but almost their. passenger side is done beside grinding down the welds. im guna start on the plate for the driver side frame rail in the morning. also got the sway bar mounts off and out of the way.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

basically done painting the inner fender area. hopefully going to spray the engine bay today. have a little more work to do but should have enough time.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

got it painted today. going to let it dry over night. in the morning going to move the jackstands so i can brush on the last little piece that the jackstands were blocking. hopefully start putting the kmember and suspension in on tuesday

Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

put the final coat of paint on it yesterday. I had an issue with my upr kmember when i pulled it out of the box last week. it had rust starting on one of the welds. so i emailed them and they are sending me a new kmember. it should be here tomorrow. I had a few problems with upr so far, however they have been willing to help me with all my problems and make things right so i cant really bash them.

cobra brake booster
Old 07-09-2013, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Great sheet metal work man. Very tedious shiznit. Been there done that.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

well got the front suspension all buttoned up and put it on the ground for the first time in over a year motor should be getting dropped in bright and early tomorrow morning

Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by usdmholden

Thanks
i will be putting some pictures up in a few minutes. check them out, fbody pan fits great i also had to elongate the solid motor mounts from upr. i complained so they sent me another set and same thing so im just gunna use the ones i already modified.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

motor went in pretty easily today, threw the radiator in and put the wiring harnes on it. slight change of plans, I wanted to put the turbo facing sideways in the passenger corner, but their is so much open room on the drivers side I have changed my mind and its going to go their. but now I already have the oil drain fitting in passenger side of the oil pan so I am going to have to get a cap for that and either drill another on the drivers side or drill one in the front cover. does anyone have any pictures of one in the front cover with a double roller timing chain and those oil pump spacers installed? im not sure where the fitting should go if I decide to put it in the front cover. thanks

Old 07-12-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thatredgt
i will be putting some pictures up in a few minutes. check them out, fbody pan fits great i also had to elongate the solid motor mounts from upr. i complained so they sent me another set and same thing so im just gunna use the ones i already modified.
Awesome, thanks.

However, when I called UPR to buy the kit using my dealer account about a month ago, on my dealer account from which I have not purchased anything since 2003, the sales guy wouldn't do the dealer price since the sales lead had already left, and I wanted something right then. I did the next logical thing and ordered the swap k member kit from Maximum Motorsports for twice the price. LOL.

The wife wasn't thrilled but oh well, this will be the last car I build for a long time, so I just decided to buy what I have always wanted.

I do appreciate the response though. I need to get some more done and start my own build thread.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by booboo37
The Muscle car pan hangs down just as low as the GM truck pan...
That is NOT true, I have tried both on Mustang swap and the GM muscle car pan is shallower by far, only 5.5 qts.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:43 AM

That is an incredible amount of restoration on the car, good job. They salt the roads there?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SN-LSX
That is an incredible amount of restoration on the car, good job. They salt the roads there?
thanks and yes they do
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

got the trans in yesterday and the trans cross member made today, plans changed up a lil bit with the rear chassis. ill post up some pictures as soon as i get a chance to start working on it

and yes i know it has the bolt on yoke...
Old 08-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

well ill give you guys a sneak peak to whats been going on lately
Out with the old

Quick Reply: turbo lm7 foxbody swap