Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 engine control question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

For the GTO, IIRC the cruise is controlled through the body module or BCM if you use the E40 ECM.

Just something to consider if you want to hook up your cruise control.[/QUOTE]

INCORRECT, I have a 2006 GTO LS2 & T56 with a Speartech harness and I am using a E40 ECM and John @ Speartech can turn on the functions to have cruise control using a E40 ECM without the BCM (body control module)
Old 02-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lizeec
For the GTO, IIRC the cruise is controlled through the body module or BCM if you use the E40 ECM.

Just something to consider if you want to hook up your cruise control
INCORRECT, I have a 2006 GTO LS2 & T56 with a Speartech harness and I am using a E40 ECM and John @ Speartech can turn on the functions to have cruise control using a E40 ECM without the BCM (body control module)
Interesting.. As he was the one I spoke to some years back when making this decision..

I wonder if it was because I was using an automatic and the E40 for use with an auto requires the trans controller?

Last edited by 2Aspire; 02-03-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: 2nd thought
Old 02-04-2013, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Aspire
Interesting.. As he was the one I spoke to some years back when making this decision..

I wonder if it was because I was using an automatic and the E40 for use with an auto requires the trans controller?
You are correct on a few years ago John couldn't do it as I asked a few years ago as well, I don't know if it matters if it is standard or auto transmission. I guess he has figured out how to do it since.

What he explained on mine he removed my 2006 GTO program from my E40 PCM and flashed in a 2007 Chevrolet SSR tune which will let the PCM be programmed to have the cruise control functions as the SSR didn't use a BCM.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an 06 GTO LS2 in my conversion.. I went with the Gen III or Blue Green PCM part number 12586243 as I wanted to use the DBW for cruise and this was the best way to achieve.

The other reason I used this PCM vs. red blue 411, as this PCM can be used to retain cruise function as well but you must switch to the LS1 style knock sensors, was that I wanted to retain the GTO stock knock sensors...
Just to clarify; on an LS2/DBW setup, if choosing to ditch the E40 PCM - you're saying if you choose to run a 12586243 ECM, you can retain the stock LS2 knock sensors, whereas using the 411 ECM requires converting to from LS2 to LS1 knock sensors?

Tipsy
Old 03-20-2015, 01:51 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Just to clarify; on an LS2/DBW setup, if choosing to ditch the E40 PCM - you're saying if you choose to run a 12586243 ECM, you can retain the stock LS2 knock sensors, whereas using the 411 ECM requires converting to from LS2 to LS1 knock sensors?

Tipsy
Actually I ended up keeping them but had to fool around desensitizing them in the tune as they did not function correctly.

This required multiple tunes and test drives so if this is not your desired path then stick with the LS1 style.

It was more work but the LS2 style is a lower profile and fit better than the LS1 style sensors for my application.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually I ended up keeping the LS2 knock sensors but had to fool around desensitizing them in the tune as they did not function correctly.

This required multiple tunes and test drives so if this is not your desired path then stick with the LS1 style.

It was more work but the LS2 style is a lower profile and fit better than the LS1 style sensors for my application.

I hope this helps.
Yes, helpful. And pretty much what I thought. It's posibble to make the LS2 knock sensors function with a LS1 computer, but you'd better have a tuner who knows what he's doing.

Thanks.

Tipsy

Quick Reply: Ls2 engine control question