Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls swap list question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls swap list question

OK so I am doing an LS engine swap into my 1975 C10 truck. A buddy of mine is hooking me up with a great deal on his engine, and said take everything I need or want. I just want to double check in what all I need to pull for the transfer. I am wanting to run electric gauges on my truck and will do a header back exhaust on it as well. So far I know I need the engine, wiring harness and fuse box. What else do I need? Thanks kbar
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kbar
OK so I am doing an LS engine swap into my 1975 C10 truck. A buddy of mine is hooking me up with a great deal on his engine, and said take everything I need or want. I just want to double check in what all I need to pull for the transfer. I am wanting to run electric gauges on my truck and will do a header back exhaust on it as well. So far I know I need the engine, wiring harness and fuse box. What else do I need? Thanks kbar
Take everything, and I mean everything he is willing to give you with it. Worry about what you don't need later or don't have later. Sell what you don't need that you acquired for some return on it. Profit 😜
Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on everything..

Radiator, fan, relays, trans lines, fuel line, connectors, etc.. you never know what you will need or can use to resolve something, even if it was not indented for that purpose.

BC
Old 05-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I 2nd, and 3rd what has been said. I have just done(late last year) an LS1/4L60E swap into my 1978 pickup, and I bought a whole car(wreck) to get my bits. Its amazing what you will need. Its the little bits that give the biggest headache in doing these jobs.
Pics please.

Quick Reply: ls swap list question