Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse block location with hydraulic clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse block location with hydraulic clutch

Installed an 2005 LS-6 into my 68 Camaro. The hydraulic clutch master cylinder goes through the firewall where the fuse block was located. So I sealed up the square hole and cut a round hole to install the M.C. Now, I need to relocate the fuse block. I was thinking about putting it where the parking brake attaches to the firewall and relocating the parking brake to a lever-style OR just eliminating the parking brake (but not sure if that is a good idea).

Any suggestions??? Pictures of previous work would be very helpful.

Chip
Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPSTER
Installed an 2005 LS-6 into my 68 Camaro. The hydraulic clutch master cylinder goes through the firewall where the fuse block was located. So I sealed up the square hole and cut a round hole to install the M.C. Now, I need to relocate the fuse block. I was thinking about putting it where the parking brake attaches to the firewall and relocating the parking brake to a lever-style OR just eliminating the parking brake (but not sure if that is a good idea).

Any suggestions??? Pictures of previous work would be very helpful.

Chip

Chip,

Are you certain that you have the clutch master in the correct place?
You are approx. 3" over too far, the clutch master cyl rod won't line up with your clutch pedal!
What bracket are you using?

I am in the middle of my LS2/ T56 swap in my 68' Camaro and I am using the ATS/ Speed Tech clutch master cyl bracket that bolts to/ behind the brake master cylinder and it places the clutch master right inline with the factory round clutch rod hole (mine was a auto trans, so just removed the small tin cover held on with two small screws)

Any pics and exactly what components are you using?

It isn't always best to be using the "cheaper" parts, this may be why??

Jeff

Quick Reply: Fuse block location with hydraulic clutch