Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My '77 Trans Am LQ4/T56 build

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HartAttack
Well after taking MANY Months off the project do to LIFE... I finally have the car back in full swing, and I got it running! I am just waiting on new Brake Calipers, and a re-tune and she will be driving this weekend! Almost three years in the making!

Here's a short video of it idling with the base tune in it...tuned for a 85mm vette MAF but I ended up putting a 75mm F-body MAF on it, so the tune is off...but it runs!
Leave comments and let me know what yall think!
Very cool. I have a weakness for these cars. If you still have an issue with your front end sitting too high, you might want to check if the springs are fully inserted into the upper frame pockets. They like to get snagged on the center part (where the upper shock mount connects to the frame). When this happens, it forces the car "up" 2 or 3 inches in front. It can be fixed by jacking the car up to unload the springs, and moving the upper spring around until it goes up into the pocket fully. You may have to disconnect the shocks and/or lower ball joint to fully unload the spring.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1981TA
Very cool. I have a weakness for these cars. If you still have an issue with your front end sitting too high, you might want to check if the springs are fully inserted into the upper frame pockets. They like to get snagged on the center part (where the upper shock mount connects to the frame). When this happens, it forces the car "up" 2 or 3 inches in front. It can be fixed by jacking the car up to unload the springs, and moving the upper spring around until it goes up into the pocket fully. You may have to disconnect the shocks and/or lower ball joint to fully unload the spring.
Good thing to keep in mind for sure. I am about to punch the order button probably today for some QA1 Tubular upper and lower A-Arms, and Coil overs for the front. That will bring down the front end 2 inches also. But I have a whole list of all these little things that I need to do first. I just realized I left a shim on the slave that I didn't need, and the clutch is slightly engaging so I have to pull the trans back out and fix that unfortunately.

I also have to wire up the electric fans to the pcm pin out, mount the pcm, clean up wiring, fill in firewall holes, and dynomat, finish the tune, get a new brake proportioning valve so the front brakes will work, and get the oil pressure/water temp gauges to read. Then hopefully everything will be ready to roll..... hopefully :/
Old 09-07-2014, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Awesome project. Really like the generational collage. Also jealous that you're living in paradise
Old 09-07-2014, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Hartattack,
Sounds real good !! Nice to see the gf helping out. Now all you need is for her to wash it topless. LOL; Don't forget to take pics and post them. lol.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man i need to take the pics wirh that stupid bitch off... I forgot i had that on there... Lmao..

Man dont be jealous of Hawaii, i leave in feb '15 to move to Montana! Lmao!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

....[/URL]

More to follow really soon....
Need more of that...

Andrew
Old 09-07-2014, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have so many pictures and vids that could be exposed of that ruthless *****... But i will refrain...

So ya about the car
Old 09-07-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have so many pictures and vids that could be exposed of that ruthless *****... But i will refrain...

So ya about the car
No need to post for the world to see, but please feel free to email me at:

andrewb at speakeasy dot com

Andrew
Old 09-08-2014, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your out of your mind if you really think im going to send pics of my ex to your email.. Perv... Lmao
Old 09-08-2014, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your out of your mind if you really think im going to send pics of my ex to your email.. Perv... Lmao
I wasn't the one that posted a picture of your ex's rear end...or called her a *****...takes a perv to know a perv...LOL

Andrew
Old 04-24-2016, 06:33 AM
Staging Lane

Any updates on your 77 TA? Was it pretty straight forward for the hydro-clutch/pedal setup?
Old 04-24-2016, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I wasn't the one that posted a picture of your ex's rear end...or called her a *****...takes a perv to know a perv...LOL

Andrew
lmao.

Quick Reply: My '77 Trans Am LQ4/T56 build