Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help

Hello I'm sad I'm doing a ls swap on a05 dodge magnum I really need help and info about the motor mount transmission mount and has line if anyone can give me insite on the this build that would be great but I'm struggling badly with this
Old 11-18-2015, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure why you're sad about this, except maybe because you're swapping into a Dodge Magnum.

This seems like an unconventional swap, you will probably need to check out the motor mount dimensions yourself; is the engine out of the magnum already?

This may be able to help you: http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...ne-swap-guide/
It's not an LS swap, but might give you an idea of what the mounts for the dodge are like.

If you have the engine out of the car, take some measurements of the motor/frame mounts that are in there now. You can search google for the LS motor mount specs.

You could probably make some mounts yourself with a little metal fabrication and welding.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Cheer up, friend.

Looks like this guy finished one:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...completed.html

you can try contacting the guy who built that one. Looks like he fabbed everything himself.
You can try reaching out to dakota digital or maybe current performance to see if they've come up with a solution for retaining factory gauges... otherwise your stuck with aftermarket options. If you don't already have a LS PCM, you could grab a holley dominator that comes with a harness, the pcm and a digital display for gauges... just an option to look into.

Do you have a motor yet? Which motor do you have?
Do you have a tranny yet? Which tranny do you have?
Do you have any accessories? Oil pan?

Yank that old motor and trans, mock up the new motor and trans, adjust until you have reasonable driveline angles. Make some slotted motor mounts and fine tune your placement until youre satisfied with your angles... thats how I would start. Unless you're going to change the stance of the car. if you're going to make a big ride height change, set that first and then its all about drive angles.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Greg.H
I'm not sure why you're sad about this, except maybe because you're swapping into a Dodge Magnum.

This seems like an unconventional swap, you will probably need to check out the motor mount dimensions yourself; is the engine out of the magnum already?

This may be able to help you: http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...ne-swap-guide/
It's not an LS swap, but might give you an idea of what the mounts for the dodge are like.

If you have the engine out of the car, take some measurements of the motor/frame mounts that are in there now. You can search google for the LS motor mount specs.

You could probably make some mounts yourself with a little metal fabrication and welding.
Yes the motor out and and my 5.3 is motor is sitting on the ground and I'm trying to just figure out the mounts so I can put them in
Old 11-18-2015, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Maybe I should refrain from replying, being as how I don't know ****. But I would imagine that you can attach the LSx mounts on your motor, and put it on a hoist. Leave the lower half of the dodge mounts attached to the chassis. Lower the engine into position and make cardboard templates to connect the mount on your engine to the mount on the chassis. Transfer the templates to metal and burn it together.

Don't over think this, man. It's literally just metal, you can change it if you don't get it perfect your first try. Mock up some mounts, stab the engine in there and bolt it up. If you're off, you're off, who cares? Measure how much you are off and make the necessary changes. It's that simple.

The only true expense is time and patience... And welding materials and beer...
Old 11-26-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Zae Jones
Hello I'm sad I'm doing a ls swap on a05 dodge magnum I really need help and info about the motor mount transmission mount and has line if anyone can give me insite on the this build that would be great but I'm struggling badly with this
Will the steering rose be interfere with the exhaust

Quick Reply: i need help