Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obd2 connector help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd2 connector help

guys i have a 06 5.3 in my 55 chevy ,, i have loaded tunes before with my setup ,, i sense have added push button start to the car and have driven several hundred miles , now when i go to load a tune and it says cant connect when in the acc mode ,, i am able to scan and log a runs ,,, i have 4 wires on my connector
purple = data
black = ground = chassis
blk/wht = ground = signal
orange = battery
could i have a bad ground causing this ,, and can i just ground the 2 black wires ?? i do have power on the orange all the time ,
this is the way it has been from the start ,, all i did was add push button start. did i leave something out ? why can i scan and read but not load

please help
thanks

Last edited by lilrobo; 04-19-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can ground the black, and the blk/whi to chassis ground (obd pins 4,5)
vio = serial data (obd pin 2)
orn=battery + (obd pin 16 )
This is for ls1B ecu (40 pin connector x 2)
Old 04-20-2016, 01:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

It sounds like your push button start doesnt have an ignition on hot with the engine not running. How does it work? Do you have an ignition switch you turn on and then push the button to start or is it just a single push of the button? For instance, can you just turn the ignition on to listen to the radio without starting the engine?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ou push it once for ign and push and hold to start ,,if i push once you can see the gauges move ,, 1 thing i did notice is that i have a 4 fuse block under the hood and none of them are hot in the ing mode so i am guessing that the push button is not feeding them in that mode only when in the run , you are right i cant push and listen to radio i have to start , so either i check it out and see why i dont have a ign hot or take it out and put the key back in

thanks for the reply's

Quick Reply: obd2 connector help