Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lm7 swap p/s pump pulley clearance

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lm7 swap p/s pump pulley clearance

Hey Guys,

Just dropped a 5.3L in my 1969 chevelle, having some clearance issues around the p/s pump pulley with the truck accessories. I have purchased the smaller 300-201 pulley as recommended in other threads. Any other ideas of what I could do? I am using hooker factory location motor mounts. trying to post photos but is saying I need moderator approval.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-29-2017, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 69chevelle96
Hey Guys,

Just dropped a 5.3L in my 1969 chevelle, having some clearance issues around the p/s pump pulley with the truck accessories. I have purchased the smaller 300-201 pulley as recommended in other threads. Any other ideas of what I could do? I am using hooker factory location motor mounts. trying to post photos but is saying I need moderator approval.

Thanks in advance
I don't have any experience with that pulley, but the smaller early 90's V6 F-body pulley should work well for you as it does on the 64-67 A-body cars. I've attached a photo of it here for you...the part number is 14100597 and you need to press the end of the hub slightly beyond the end of the shaft to achieve proper belt alignment.

Quick Reply: lm7 swap p/s pump pulley clearance