New Edge Mustang - Turbo LQ4/T56 - Page 11 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Edge Mustang - Turbo LQ4/T56

Old 01-10-2019, 08:14 AM
Launching!

i commend you for that, i hate wiring. but im also red/green colorblind so its not exactly fun lol.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dan95gst
i commend you for that, i hate wiring. but im also red/green colorblind so its not exactly fun lol.
I love it! This harness will look so much better then the last one. I plan on cleaning the engine bay up a lot more.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Well i have been slowly chipping away at the build when I can.
Changing the springs from my 317 heads to the 706's.

Got some new tires for the car, these have about 250 miles on them. 28" tall M/T Street SS, thanks to RobertD for shooting me the link. He has been an invaluable asset to getting this thing wrapped up.

Money shot!

Traded my triple pump setup for this brand new Fore Dual Return hat -8 feed and return with walbro 465 LPH pumps E85 capable... One of the things i like the best about this fuel hat is that it eliminated all rubber hoses. It uses the factory nipple for the walbro pumps and it inserts directly into the billet fuel hat.

I'm working on the wiring harness part right now, had to stop and drop the engine in the car so i can make sure the harness is all coming together into one loom at the firewall. My last harness i didn't like because i had like 6 wire looms going into the cabin. Here's the new fuse/relay board that will mount behind the fake air bag skin in the pass side dash.

Rear end is getting its final touches this week so it should be ready for me to pick up next week.

I also got myself a tow pig for the mustang. 2003 Suburban 4x4, Z71, All the option you could think of, has the better gears in the differential for towing. Bad part, it has a bad trans. I am debating on switching it over to a 4l80e or finding a cheap 4l60e to run while i get the original one rebuilt with better internals.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:22 AM
Launching!

i wouldnt waste time building a 4l60. if you want to put money into it get a reman from GM for around 2000 bux and they have a 3 year 30k mile parts AND labor warranty. an 80e isnt a terrible idea but it takes some fiddling to get it to work and towing a mustang behind the burb a 65e will do just fine.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dan95gst
i wouldnt waste time building a 4l60. if you want to put money into it get a reman from GM for around 2000 bux and they have a 3 year 30k mile parts AND labor warranty. an 80e isnt a terrible idea but it takes some fiddling to get it to work and towing a mustang behind the burb a 65e will do just fine.
I am not building is so to speak. Just upgrading some of the components to help the 3-4 clutch last, fluid transfer better etc. basically a stock rebuild with minor upgrades to keep the clutches alive. I am talking to a guy right now that can get me a rebuilt upgraded 4l60e for 850, one of my buddies down here has had his from him for the last 3 years with no issues. I may take that route. I'm not looking to have a bunch of money tied up into the Burban at all, just going to be a cheap tow rig. I got it for 800 bucks so I don't plan on having more than 2-3k in it.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:34 PM
Launching!

word that makes sense. trans cooler is key for longevity. that and not trying to make the thing do 2-3 WOT shifts all the time.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

Whats up guys! Not much of an update right now. Money has been tight so i have been just making progress on the wiring aspect.

I got the LS standalone all wired in and it appears to be functioning, relay panel is working as it should be. Ordered the rest of my fuel lines to finish up, went with fragola lines and fittings this go around. Better safe than sorry with fuel related ****. I still need to yank the trans back out and install the pilot bearing and the RXT clutch so i might do that this week.

Waiting on a coupon for eBay so that I can order my boost controller and some misc. lines for the turbo drain and feed.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:08 AM
Launching!

yea next ebay coupon is turbo time for me lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Edge Mustang - Turbo LQ4/T56

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: