Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost reference FPR - vacuum line routing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 02:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Boost reference FPR - vacuum line routing?

Probably should have posted this in the newb section but here it goes....

I have a Aeromotive boost ref FPR and built a return style fuel system which leverages stock rails and truck mani from a 2004 LS. Plans are to install a windmill by the end of the winter but for now I'm interested in getting some of the basics covered.

Question is where do I plumb the vacuum line for the FPR? I think it's to the pass side of the truck mani right? I'm pretty sure I saw a sloppy vid where he cut off the end of a capped port and plumbed a MAP to it but I'm using the stock location for a 2 bar map and was thinking I could run the FPR and a gauge from that location. Just thought I'd check here before I did.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,230 Likes on 2,519 Posts

I would say that any port that "sees" manifold vacuum/pressure would be fine for that.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I would say that any port that "sees" manifold vacuum/pressure would be fine for that.

Here is my problem...... I'm a total newb at Fuel Inj, Forced Ind, and LS in general so I think the capped port on the pass side of the intake mani sees vacuum but I honestly don't know. I guess if there is a better spot I'll take that too!

The more I thought about it I have more vac lines needed as well like say the WG for example!
Old 12-12-2018, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,230 Likes on 2,519 Posts

No matter what the engine, injected or carbureted, natural aspiration or under pressure, manifold vacuum/pressure is what it is. Tap into a source of either/both and you have it!

Last edited by G Atsma; 12-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 929 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Any vacuum port on the intake after the throttle body.

Andrew
Old 12-14-2018, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by epfatboy
Here is my problem...... I'm a total newb at Fuel Inj, Forced Ind, and LS in general so I think the capped port on the pass side of the intake mani sees vacuum but I honestly don't know. I guess if there is a better spot I'll take that too!

The more I thought about it I have more vac lines needed as well like say the WG for example!
the pass side behind throttle body will work. any port behind the throttle body should work fine.