Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Silverado Classic V6 to LQ9 Swap

Old 01-06-2019, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Default 2007 Silverado Classic V6 to LQ9 Swap

Swapping a LQ9 6.0L into a 2007 Silverado Classic single cab SWB pickup , I understand that there are several things that will interchange . I'm not certain exactly what year model the engine is but I know that it was bought w/o ECM and the harness was cut , I haven't had the opportunity to see where it was cut (I'm thinking at the fuse box and ECM plugs still intact ). I guess the first question would be how to Identify the year model of the LQ9 , I have all the numbers off the engine , would it be possible to identify it from those ? What , if anything , off the V6 would carryover to LQ9 ? Accessories ? Frame mounts ? A/C hoses ? I know that these are kind of broad , general questions but I want to get a good general idea of the scope of this swap and what will be needed before starting . Thanks Terry
Old 01-07-2019, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What color is the crank position sensor, black or grey? That will ID it as a 24 or 58x reluctor, that will determine which direction you need to go as far as PCM and harness, also what transmission are you planning to use?
Old 01-09-2019, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Sorry I haven't replied back , been busy with life ! Will be using a 4L60e trans mission , I don't have the motor where I can put eyes on but I'm almost sure that it is a 24x reluctor wheel , as they were only available up until 06 if I'm not mistaken .

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: