Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 mustang LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 68 mustang LS swap

I bought a pretty clean California 68 Mustang Coupe with very little rust would love to put a coyote motor in it but It’s not in my budget, The coyote motors are just way overpriced it’s just a little ridiculous I think. LS swap with a turbo set up are easyer to do and there’s more support and mods for them. And I’m 33 and retired now because of work accident so I have a very low income now, had a broken neck in two places at C1 an C2 very lucky to be still alive.

Anyways enough of why I’m doing it this way. I’m gonna go with the 5.3 L or 6.0 L out of the truck still looking to see which one I’m going to buy. And do a pretty nice medium turbo build nothing too cheap something that will last. but here’s my question which I want the car to be manual but I’m trying to figure out what car would be the best to find a T56 6 speed out of a donor car, the mustang has a 9 inch rear end in it with an upgraded five lug post. I figure I’m going to get some heat for doing this but that’s fine it’s just the evil sister up the mustang with a different engine and trans any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers,
Derrik
Old 03-07-2019, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,420 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrik5001
I bought a pretty clean California 68 Mustang Coupe with very little rust would love to put a coyote motor in it but It’s not in my budget, The coyote motors are just way overpriced it’s just a little ridiculous I think. LS swap with a turbo set up are easyer to do and there’s more support and mods for them. And I’m 33 and retired now because of work accident so I have a very low income now, had a broken neck in two places at C1 an C2 very lucky to be still alive.

Anyways enough of why I’m doing it this way. I’m gonna go with the 5.3 L or 6.0 L out of the truck still looking to see which one I’m going to buy. And do a pretty nice medium turbo build nothing too cheap something that will last. but here’s my question which I want the car to be manual but I’m trying to figure out what car would be the best to find a T56 6 speed out of a donor car, the mustang has a 9 inch rear end in it with an upgraded five lug post. I figure I’m going to get some heat for doing this but that’s fine it’s just the evil sister up the mustang with a different engine and trans any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers,
Derrik
Welcome Derrik!

Post some pictures. I have a 5.3L in my 67 Cougar. Tons of details in my build thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...es-videos.html

Andrew
Old 03-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Welcome Derrik!

Post some pictures. I have a 5.3L in my 67 Cougar. Tons of details in my build thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...es-videos.html

Andrew
That’s awesome build, really cool I like it, I was actually looking for a cougar couldn’t find one. Thanks Andrew really appreciate the info it I’ll flip through some of the stuff and see what you got going on there what I’ve seen so far looks pretty good I really thank you for your help it’s very much appreciated it really is thank you.

cheers,
Derrik
Old 03-08-2019, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Smile

4.8s make great turbo motors also , if you find a deal on a gen4 4.8 that would be a great motor , I bet the ford guys are going to love it , a 4.8 will live at close to twice the power of a 302 , seriously
Old 03-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ijimmy
4.8s make great turbo motors also , if you find a deal on a gen4 4.8 that would be a great motor , I bet the ford guys are going to love it , a 4.8 will live at close to twice the power of a 302 , seriously
I called the junkyard earlier they gave me a good quote on a 6.0L for $900 fully complete not missing anything wiring harness an ecu. The car is going to get a new front suspension mustang 2 Front end conversion and a four link rear with the T 56 six speed manual. Still haven’t decided if I’m going to do 5.3 or the 6.0, not sure 4.8 will give me the power I’m looking for when it turbo something from Warner turbo. But I’ll definitely keep the 4.8L in mind because of cost I am trying to keep my budget low on the car. Thanks for throwing me the idea.