Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slave Cylinder Quick Disconnect fitting

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slave Cylinder Quick Disconnect fitting

Anyone know where to get that quick disconnect fitting that goes into the slave? I looked all over summit with no luck, although they do have the type with the roll pin in it. I have the updated slave I believe that has an extension to a quick disconnect. If I go that way, I will have to take the trans out just to get the roll pin out which I DO NOT want to do. I need it to convert into a -4 AN line on the other side since I am making a custom line. Thanks guys heres a pic of exactly what I need:

Old 03-09-2006, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a thread on this, search.

I think Mcleod sells them.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slo_240sx
Anyone know where to get that quick disconnect fitting that goes into the slave? I looked all over summit with no luck, although they do have the type with the roll pin in it. I have the updated slave I believe that has an extension to a quick disconnect. If I go that way, I will have to take the trans out just to get the roll pin out which I DO NOT want to do. I need it to convert into a -4 AN line on the other side since I am making a custom line. Thanks guys heres a pic of exactly what I need:

unfortunately, that fitting is a propiatary GM fitting.. noone in the aftermarket currently makes anything that fits into that.

however, you can tap out the rollpin, remove that tube, and take it to any good hydraulic shop.
they can cut off that quick connect, and braze a -4AN fitting on there... then you just re-install it at home.
dont forget to pull the Oring off while its being brazed.. it'll melt.

its not an ideal solution, but it works effectively, and it isnt too costly.

if you do that, but you want a quick disconnect, you can get a JiffyTite fitting... they work pretty good.
you can see them here: http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

here is our best chance at a aftermarket fitting right now:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/431210-textralia-hydraulic-line-ss-braided.html

as you can see in the thread, its not released yet... and its not going to be cheap.

in that thread, someone linked me over to steve-d on frrax... i did buy his bleeder screw replacement line... worth every penny.
while you're screwing with the slave, put that in... afterward, even if you get air in the line from the 4an fitting, it only takes minutes to bleed, and its sooo easy.
plus, you dont need a access hole in the trans tunnel if clearance is to tight...

RiceKilla:
next time, either do a search yourself, and post a link to a helpful thread, or dont post anything at all.
if noone came in here with a real reply, then someone who IS doing a search would see this thread, open it, and get nothing besides do a search... either add content to the thread, or leave it with no reply..

Quick Reply: Slave Cylinder Quick Disconnect fitting