Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any lawyer members I need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for all my fellow followers who have been reading along. like i said i would respond the next time i heard for the seller.

He stated, He went to DHL today and found Engine never left the depot due to leaking oil when they tried to load it. They say they couldn't read my phone number so thats why I was never called. So I took the engine home and complety drained and now its up to you.

I replyed a deal is a deal all I want is the engine.

so we will see what he does now.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good to hear it is getting resolved, Just tell him you want the tracking Number as soon at he drops it back off.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"So I took the engine home and complety drained and now its up to you."
1 word: BRAINDEAD!!
Get out the bullshit flag....
A waybill HAD to be cut when they accepted the frt. No waybill, no loading of the item. Yet, noone was smart enuf to 411 someone, and call to report the problem??
I'm betting the engine was NEVER @ DHL, and you R getting fed a BIG load of BS....
IMO, get your $ back, and deal w/ someone that has an IQ above 100....
Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
"So I took the engine home and complety drained and now its up to you."
1 word: BRAINDEAD!!
Get out the bullshit flag....
A waybill HAD to be cut when they accepted the frt. No waybill, no loading of the item. Yet, noone was smart enuf to 411 someone, and call to report the problem??
I'm betting the engine was NEVER @ DHL, and you R getting fed a BIG load of BS....
IMO, get your $ back, and deal w/ someone that has an IQ above 100....
has no ring of truth. whats the DHL stores phone number, so you can varify his story?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

In the seller's defense, if they start leaking fluids (poor packaging) they WILL NOT transport it. I had a diff pumpkin that made it all the way to Atlanta from Cali but they then would not deliver it as it was considered "damaged".

I'd get my money back and start over.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Call DHL to check on his story. Good luck
Old 10-16-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Something is indeed fishy, I have shipped many packages, via DHL, freight, UPS, etc, and not once have I ever left the terminal without a piece of paper in my hand with a tracking number on it. Not once. They have misplaced packages at the terminal and found them later, but I still had a number.

It sounds like he's a scammer to me, and you're getting the runaround.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st off, thank you for your service. 2nd get your money back and start over.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
That being said, DHL is the worst freight company on the planet.
That's the truth! It would be nice if they'd list the areas of the US that they don't deliver to....such as Northwestern Idaho! I used them to ship some artwork a few years ago, and they let it ride around on a truck for two weeks before passing it off to the Post Office to deliver.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he's full of **** IMO... at the very least he's an extremely apathetic and indolent individual who cares little about delivering on his end of the deal. With an item that expensive I would demand evidence of shipment immediately and stay on the guy like flys on **** till he produced. Give him a window ie. 24 hours to produce concrete proof of shipment and pursue legal action through the States Attorney in Texas if he fails to abide. By now you should have verified his address and canceled payment on the cashiers check, which you can do if he hasn't yet deposited it. (however I highly doubt he hasn't by now)

Best of luck...and thank you for your serving our country!

PS Don't feel bad about persuing legal action ASAP, these scumbags will delay the inevitable as long as possible to muddy the waters when the authorities finally do catch up with them. Write down the timeline of events and save all email etc and do your best to prepare your own case in the event that he is pulling a scam.

Last edited by NassyVette; 10-16-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

I don't understand how using postal money orders is safer than paypal. Sure messing with postal money orders is a federal offense but all that means is the guy can get get in trouble with the law, which is nice but still doesn't guarantee your money back. He will be held responsible for paying you your money back but like someone said earlier, if he is a true deadbeat it will take a long time to collect if you even do. Plus having to go through all of the legal bs takes a long time to even get to that point.

Paypal's buyer protection is garbage if you pay through your bank account. I got scammed a few years ago when I tried to buy a $150 bumper of of ebay. I spent a month and a half going through a claim with paypal. They decided in my favor but since the guy no longer had funds in his account they couldn't give me my money back. What great protection Luckily I used my American Express through paypal so I called them up and they had the money back in my account the next day.

Back in May of this year I got screwed again on ebay for $3500 when I tried to buy an LS1/T56 that I paid for with a Visa through paypal. This time I didn't even bother with paypal and went straight to Visa and disputed the charge. Had my money back in two weeks.

Credit Cards provide the best protection against scams and paypal is the only way... that I know of... that you can safely use your credit card to send an individual money over the internet.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you. I personally think the guy is just guilty of being dumb and not guilty of trying to screw you. I don't understand why he keeps in contact if he was planning on taking your money. I hope it get resolved though... I know what it feels like to go through crap like this.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude I really hope he does you right but I'm getting a major flashback from the deal I previously metioned where I got screwed. WHY...Because the guy who screwed me said the same thing. He said UPS picked it up and it stayed in their hub because of leaking fluids. First of all, what idiot tries to ship any car part with fluids still in it? It just dosen't happen. Second, every time I've shipped ANYTHING the shipper enters all information into the computer. Not having contact info for you is BULLSHIT!

If it ever gets as far as you wanting your money back I'm guessing he is going to tell you he dosen't have it, but he will remburse you as soon as possible.

Also. It's not a federal crime to rip you off just because you used a postal MO or sent it in the mail. It would only be a federal crime if he solicited to sell it to you under false pretences through the mail. Good luck getting any authorities to chase down someone who ripped you off through the internet

Good luck

Re'
Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
Also. It's not a federal crime to rip you off just because you used a postal MO or sent it in the mail. It would only be a federal crime if he solicited to sell it to you under false pretences through the mail. Good luck getting any authorities to chase down someone who ripped you off through the internet

Good luck

Re'
Any time the mail is involved it is a federal crime, if it's a postal money order or even a check, since mail fraud is a federal crime. Using postal money orders makes it easier for the postal inspector to prove the person got the money. Been there, done that.

If you don't think just involving the mail makes it a felony look up Majid Zandiasl, his crime became a felony because he mailed car titles with altered mileage through the mail, they didn't even have to prove he altered them.

Last edited by poconojoe; 10-16-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 10-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by montyafteryou
I took the engine home and complety drained and now its up to you.

I replyed a deal is a deal all I want is the engine.

so we will see what he does now.
So now it's up to you to make the arrangements to ship the engine? Seems that even after this screw up, He's not willing to assit. I'd get out NOW. If it were me, and this happened- i'd be doing what ever I could to make it up to you, Not giving you the sole burden..... This guy is a talker.......
Old 10-17-2008, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Hey, is this the guy that was selling his entire GTO drivetrain on e-bay so he could swap in another GTO's drivetrain? I think I remember that auction as I was looking to buy an engine at the same time. I would put money on it that he's over on the GTO site. I'd say he does have it, but is likely a young punk that is clueless.

I'd just tell him that someone is coming by to pickup the engine and let someone that is local go by and pick it up for some coin.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

I'm with most of the others here, if hes saying hes not going to ship it now that it doesn't have fluids, I'd ask for my money back. This guy sounds like a real winner, and I wouldn't trust that the engine is in working shape anyway.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Since he said it was up to you. Get your money back and buy from a legit seller. All shipping companies give you a tracking number except usps you have to pay .75 for it there.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been down that same road.So now anything I get off e-bay is done thue PayPal.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

im calling the harris county district attorney tomorrow which is the houston tx attorney office and filing charges against him. he stated on friday that he would send out the engine and give me a tracking number which he didnt do. lucky as i can see i have family in houston so when i need to go their for the court dates i will have a place to stay. Again i think its bull crap, all i wanted was my engine. Can you belive it i just spent a year in Iraq and i spent my money on this engine. i have my car almost ready for paint and i dont have an engine....

im just pissed at the whole situation

and i hate getting the law involved

Sgt Burns USMC
Old 10-20-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Unbelievable, keep us updated.

Quick Reply: any lawyer members I need advice