Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally it runs sort of...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Finally it runs sort of...

I finally got everything hooked up and fired up my project car for the first time. A few things I noticed, the instrument cluster reports Low voltage, Reduced Engine Power. The TBW pedal has no response. The tach shows no movement when idling other then when turning the key to on it does the initial sweep. The drive train is all 2002 C5 Vette. Anyone have any ideas what to check or how to test TAC module?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it's always a good idea to double-check that all of your ground circuits are good of course. For some reason I've suddenly remembered a friend of mine who was a pretty good electronics tech - he told me that a lot of the time, your eyes are your best troubleshooting tools.

Do you have a schematic/wiring diagram? If so, have you confirmed that all of the "hot" circuits (pink/orange wires) are getting voltage? Are you using a stock 'Vette/GM instrument cluster? Wish I could give you a suggestion for the TAC module, but it's not used in my app, so I haven't really paid any attention to that...

If nothing else, this is good for a free "bump" for ya...
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your setup harness wise? Home built or supplied?

Verify on cluster connector C1 that B13 is a good ground and A14 has constant 12v, and A13 has run/start 12v

On the TAC, check pin 15 of C2 for ground and pin 7 of C2 for run/start 12v
Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default harness

The complete harness dash and engine is oem vette. Tac module has good ground and 12v. Btw the car does start up and run just no action from the TBW pedal, no movement on the tach.