Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 mustang 6.0 conversion need info

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 mustang 6.0 conversion need info

[IMG][/IMG]
this is the car im working with. i have a 6.0 and a 4L60E transmission the motor is out of a silverado and i've been researching and doing my homework on the build but i have a few questions for anyone who may have already done this swap.

1.) does anyone sell a crossmember for the 4L60E tranny im using?
2.) will granitelli control arms work with an aje tubular swap k member?
3.) does aje make motormounts for this swap?
4.) will i need an ls1 car harness to do this swap or can someone who is good with wiring use my mustang car harness and just add the lsx computer?
5.) with a tube k member will i be able to use a stock lsx oil pan?
6.) the car has 4.10 gears in the rear with that auto tranny and some nitrous an L76 intake and l92 heads what is the best size cam and converter for this build?
7.) is there anything else i might be looking over with this that may help me in the long run besides headers and driveshaft does anyone know how well the shifter lines up with the console on the inside of the car will i hafta cut on it to make it come through the floor or should it work in the factory mustang shifter location.

Thanks alot for any help guys i'll keep posted on the progress of the car it should come out pretty nice and my goal is to get it done by this spring so if theres anything that may need to be ordered now to meet dead line (backorder parts) let me know. like i said thanks again for the help any is greatly appriciated.

A. Thacker
Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Launching!

I cant answer alot of those questions but you will need an lsx harness that matches whatever computer you get. 1998 are different then 1999+ I would recommend getting it reworked/labeled by someone that knows what there doing.

Alot of that stuff you will have to measure once installed. Im sure someone here though has done an AJE k member in an sn95 and used the f body pan im sure. I am not sure if you are referring to the 6.0 oil pan or the f body pan. The truck oil pan would hang alot lower using the aje k member.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:32 AM

well i have the 6.0 truck oil pan but its pretty big i may just pick up a car pan so it doesnt hang down so far. and i found a stand alone harness for an ls1 from painless wiring the motor is 02-07 lq9 and they have a harness or a 97-98 and a 99-02 would one of these painless harnesses work or would it just depend what year computer i get as to which one i'd need?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check this out.
http://www.giffinsperformance.com/ra...turbo-t26.html

youll have to sign up to view it. but its a 1999 mustang turbo 6.0 swap
Old 11-16-2008, 12:39 AM

thanks man...that helps out some and thats a badass build...i wont be doin a turbo setup but i'd say the guy who built that would be able to answer alot of the questions on the problems i'll run into doin this swap...im not using a
4l60 tranny anymore a buddy of mine had a 350turbo tranny a tci 3500 converter and a quarterstick for 300 buck so i bought that to use instead and i found the headers i needed and k member & cross member so other than the wireing situation i should be good to go to get the motor in now its just savin the money for heads cam and intake and hopefully i'll have this pile on the road
Old 11-16-2008, 09:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, just signup on that site and post your questions under the build. or start your own hread. the guy who built it will answer. giffin is a great guy.

Quick Reply: 1995 mustang 6.0 conversion need info