Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Accessory drive dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Accessory drive dimensions

I have a 33 Ford P/U that the customer wants an LS1 installed in. I have an engine out of a 04 GTO. Problem is that the ac comp and the alt. is mounted down low.Frame rails are 22 in. wide and outside dim. on engine are 26 in. Need to know what acc. drive system I can use to locate the units higher up. Preferably a stock system. Anyone out there that can help? hotrodvmax
Old 12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try either the aftermarket solutions or the Vette accesories. March, HotRodLane, and many others sell front drive setups for the LS series engines.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned

If you have a couple more inches of forward room, you use the truck accessories. They mount the steering pump on the bottom which is much smaller then the alternator. you will need to use a idler pulley relocation bracket to get the belt to clear the throttle body.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might check this thread it's a 35 ford truck
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ory-drive.html

I have sent some preliminary design ideas to 03snake to help him develope his own custom billet brackets. Not sure where he stands I have not heard from him in a while. You might shoot him a pm and see if he has the templates worked out yet. I'll be out of pocket until after Jan 5 but would be glad to help.
Rocky
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hotrodvmax
I have a 33 Ford P/U that the customer wants an LS1 installed in. I have an engine out of a 04 GTO. Problem is that the ac comp and the alt. is mounted down low.Frame rails are 22 in. wide and outside dim. on engine are 26 in. Need to know what acc. drive system I can use to locate the units higher up. Preferably a stock system. Anyone out there that can help? hotrodvmax
I have a '34 Ford pick-up and a '34 Ford coupe (hence the screen-name *rojs234*), lol . Anyway, they both have identical frames to your guy's '33 except for a few bolt holes. I just recently put an LS2 in the coupe and I had to build my own accessory drive. I have a post with some pics in the thread that *rockytopper* suggested to you. I went with a carb set-up because of not having any room up front but your guy will probably want to retain the FI. If you use a Mustang front end like *Oscar Will* and *03snake* you might be able to mount them down low, but I have my doubts. It was impossible on my coupe. I think you could build something similar to mine and still retain the FI. If your guy is into show and polishing you can knock yourself out cutting out the excess or whatever. as I've said before, It's his money and his choice! If you look at the pics closely, you can see that the AC& ALT. are mounted back in orer to give a maximum of room up front. Also, if you can find an aftermarket that will work, the price may equal what he has in the powertrain!! If I can be of any help, feel free to contact me. Good luck!! Ron

Quick Reply: LS1 Accessory drive dimensions