Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the fourm installing an LS1 in a T/A

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stress fracture
Andrew69 04 correct me if I’m wrong but the engine I pulled out of the “03” Chevy Silverado is a gen III LS1 Iron block Aluminum heads (LQ4) 364 cid with a 4.00”bore X 3.62 stroke. Stock has 350 hp @5200 rpm & 391 lb-ft of torque @ 4400 rpm?

Jiggaboo I will be doing all the work myself installing new floor pans, quarter panels, wiring, and painting. Just started doing the work. So far I found out I need a oil pan from a “98-02” Camaro/firebird and need a different intake, the truck intake will be too high & will need to change my accessories set up apparently the drive belt will hit the throttle body.
The transmission I’m still in limbo about and doing research. I will be getting a hold of Marty Walsh on the forum he owns a transmission shop & I want his input. But allot of people on the forum including Martyare leaning on the 4L60E

I did call Art Carr yesterday again (California Performance Transmissions) & he says go with the TH200-R4 with his modifications instead of the 4L60E & another article in Car Craft will be coming out about March with some awesome information on this transmission.
You have a PM, or at least I hope you do. My computer kinda' took a dump right in the middle of it.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtywalsh
The h2 pan you ordered will hang about a 1 inch below the crossmember with the plates your are using or any plates except Brp,s. Do yourself a favor and do not order the Brp,s mount kit. Been ther done that.The f body pan sits level with the crossmember and you do not have to notch the frame.You will have to relocate the stationary motor mounts (pads) if you are using clam shells so that everything clears.If you using the old stye mounts thats ok too,
By using adapter plates the motor will sit low and back plus clear the floor board even if you get smart and use the 4l60e. I used the edelbrock headers on my 78 trans am with the 4l60e and it all fits good.If you stay with the 200r4 what are you doing about the lock up convertor?Or how are you going to hook up you detent (passing gear cable?). These things must be hooked up for the 200r4 to work.The 4l60e is just plug and play with a good harness(speartech or others).Did I mention besides owning a 78 T A with an ls1 I also Own a transmission shop? So I kind of know about these things.Last you are going to have to use a different a/c compressor (sanden )so you might as well relocate it high on the passenger side .
Mrtywalsh,
what don't you like about the BRP motor mount kit? I was about sold on it so far. I am putting a LQ4 into a 67 chevelle and trying to make the correct decision on mounts.

Rob

Quick Reply: New to the fourm installing an LS1 in a T/A