Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0L vs 5.7L - Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

71, I appreciate the advice on that pan, I am about 1-1/2" lower in the front, so could I get some details about this autokraft pan that you're talking about. Also, I've heard about the simple cam swap for the truck motors getting over 500, so wouldn't the same hold true for this trailblazer SS motor I have found. Or is this the same motor as a truck, only with a different cam. I'd like to use the best flowing heads possible (factory heads anyway for now) that will work with this particular 6.0. Are these l92 heads the heads I need to look for? Maybe i'm just looking in all the wrong spots for engines, where are you guys finding these good deals, I'll have cash in had within 1 week. Sorry for the questions, i'm very new (knowledge of 1 weeks worth of reading) to the whole LS game. Thanks so much, Matt
Old 02-08-2009, 05:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chewyman1
Sorry for the questions, i'm very new (knowledge of 1 weeks worth of reading) to the whole LS game. Thanks so much, Matt
Unless you are really desperate to get this build started, it might be worth hanging out a bit longer. I've been learning the LS stuff for 18 months now and still feel "green" to it all.

For reference I picked up a 5.3 LM7 with 4WD 4L60E and loom (but no ECU) for $400.

James

Quick Reply: 6.0L vs 5.7L - Opinions please