Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93s10 with lt1/t56 swap...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks dude I'll look into it there, the one thing that had scared me about the 8.5 the most was driveshaft length. But I guess if all's good .
Old 03-07-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2manycars
Thanks dude I'll look into it there, the one thing that had scared me about the 8.5 the most was driveshaft length. But I guess if all's good .
whoops....haha forgot to mention that the d/s was shortened for the t56, but it fit like a glove in the tranny and the rear. Sweet that GM made it that a 93s10 d/s, a 02 s10blazer rear, and a 95t56 all fit like a glove.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey i need a quick answer by tomorrow or tuesday at the latest, i need a new clutch and i was wondering if a stock replacement from my job, autozone woudl be fine with my motor or if i should upgrade? And if i should upgrade, wat clutch would suit me best? I am not looking for top dollar, its a daily driver that will go to the track every soo often, nothing crazy but i dont want to have to do a nother clutch again if i dont need to.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by llorracs93s10
whoops....haha forgot to mention that the d/s was shortened for the t56, but it fit like a glove in the tranny and the rear. Sweet that GM made it that a 93s10 d/s, a 02 s10blazer rear, and a 95t56 all fit like a glove.

Yeah I'm an idiot, I forgot that you would obviously have to shorten the DS anyway for the T-56.

As far as the clutch a stocker should work fine in that light truck with a stock engine. Now if your gonna be layin' 300+ at the wheels and puttin' sticky tires on it, get a good clutch. Can't you get a hi-po clutch for cheap through work?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2manycars
Yeah I'm an idiot, I forgot that you would obviously have to shorten the DS anyway for the T-56.

As far as the clutch a stocker should work fine in that light truck with a stock engine. Now if your gonna be layin' 300+ at the wheels and puttin' sticky tires on it, get a good clutch. Can't you get a hi-po clutch for cheap through work?
well the motor is going to be bored .30 over, small cam upgrade, and the other stuff i have so i would say i am going to be over 300 hp. And i dont think i have a higher end clutch at my job besides the duralast. I just want to put one in there taht will last if and when i go to the track with DR's.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Looking quick it seems like the cheaper performance clutches (Zoom, RAM) start at about 250 but I'm not sure what brand of clutches the LT1 guys prefer. As far as your Duralast's reliability it's hard to say w/o knowing who makes it. See the auto parts business is funny, your "Duralast" boxes are not all made by the same company. Duralast is just a brand name and as far as quality goes it would be reffered to as a white box product where they don't actually make the parts they just buy in bulk from whichever manufacturer gives them the best price. Now that does not mean that all of the clutches are crappy quality because in some cases an OE manufacturer makes so many that they end up being the cheapest. Now you end up with a OE clutch set for the price of a cheap one, of course you could end up with a POS! You really don't know who makes that particular part # for Duralast until you open up the box. A great example of this is go into work and look up five different #'s for european car cartridge style oil filters. I don't know what brand of filters Autozone sells (I would presume Purolator or Fram as they are as cheap as it gets) but if you look at those cartridge style filters probably 3 or 4 of them will say MANN on them. Who's MANN, they make the same filter that you would get if you went to a german dealer, paid $30, and opened the box!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i went with a clutch kit from my job. I have talked to a few of my co-workers and the dude that is doing the swap, and they all have good things to say that made me choose them.

Now, i need a TB, posi, gears, ....
Old 03-17-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

w00t!! Photobucket finally started to work again...

Heres the long awaited pics i was talking about for a while now. THey consist of the motor block , the engine bay , the brake line i did wheni was bored, the bed of crap, my re-coated headers, and thats about it....

Got my intake back fromt he powdercoating place and i just need to sand the top fins down back to polished and its good to go. It looks 10000000x better than before. And tomorrow and thursday i am going to go work on preping the block and hopefully painting the block and the accessories! wish me luck.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:13 PM

what headers did you use?and with what mounts?...cus i got an 83 with a lt1 t56 and the only headers i got are the ones i made and they come out the fenders.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chevytillidie
what headers did you use?and with what mounts?...cus i got an 83 with a lt1 t56 and the only headers i got are the ones i made and they come out the fenders.
sanderson 1-5/8th shorty headers. Fitment was pretty good, little firewall massage, clutch slave cylinder needed to be recessed into the firewall due to the header touching it. But other than that, it was pretty good fitment. Just a bitch to get the driverside in. Had to have the passenger side on to put the motor in, than put the driver side on next after the motor is in the bay.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 294 Likes on 222 Posts

Nice swap bro.

Quick Reply: 93s10 with lt1/t56 swap...