Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM7 Conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM7 Conversion question

I'm putting a 5.3l truck motor into my 69 camaro and am wondering if I can use the truck manifolds as is versus buying headers. I'm planning to do a turbo using the manifolds, but I want to get the engine running first and don't want to throw away money on the headers just to get rid of them later.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the truck manifold may not fit, as they extend outwards a bit. some may have been able to, but lets let them ping in.

You might be able to find some F-body one on the cheap.. That might workout better to get it started before you start working on the turbo. Maybe someone in the local area might just give them to you for a six pack or something.. or shipping cost.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply. I just picked up a set of f-body manifolds for 10 bucks each on ebay, just in case.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:39 PM

Default mid engine car pulleys questions.

Hi

Im going to put a LS2 into my Ultima with a LSX Procharger kit but i have space issues between the pulleys and the bulkhead etc so i was wondering which pulleys take up the least amount of space?? I think i will go with an electric water pump and the only other ancillaries i will be running are a alternator and a air con pump.

Im new to the LS world so ive a lot to learn.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My LS1 fbody heads just barely touched my steering box when i dropped my engine into my 68. I had to remove the driver side exhaust manifold to get the engine in. This was with ATS plates.

Quick Reply: LM7 Conversion question