Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

longshot - anyone with an LSx in a 39 Ford coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow - great pics and info in this thread! Got your pm Buckndol but looks like you figured out the posting pics thing! by the way, is there a/c in your car?

here is the WHOLE car.. it belongs to my 70 yr old dad. I got a new complete crate 5.3 iron block for around $1950. Was going to put it in my 73 camaro to replace an injected gen 1 sbc with a mysterious valve train noise but the noise seems to have gone away so I'll keep messing with that until it dies. We thought the 5.3 might be the ticket in the 39.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting the picture. Your dad should be very proud, that's a great looking car. Does he get to many of the national events? If you decide to put the 5.3 in, it would make a nice set up,and after seeing the pics in the other posts, it seems possible. I was hoping *Oscar Will* would come back with some pictures of his carb type throttle body,but I guess he gave up on us. Good luck with it, whatever you decide. Ron
Old 03-15-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My "killer stroker motor" is still sitting on the engine stand.......the project is kinda stalled for a while. The place I've worked for over 30 years folded last month so until I get some positive cash flow happening.......it will have to wait.

It will happen though......I landed a teaching job at a local Occupational Center (teaching Hybrid Automotive Technology) and things are finally "lookin' up".
Attached Thumbnails longshot - anyone with an LSx in a 39 Ford coupe?-dsc04855-small-.jpg   longshot - anyone with an LSx in a 39 Ford coupe?-dsc04863-small-.jpg   longshot - anyone with an LSx in a 39 Ford coupe?-dsc04864-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Oscar Will; 03-15-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see you come "back in" on this *Oscar Will*, and thanks for the pictures. I thought I might like to try something like that in the future.
Also, glad to hear you have recovered somewhat from the job loss. Sounds like you might have found a "good" job, in the sense that it's something you probably enjoy doing. Keep us posted on the "killer" engine. Ron

Quick Reply: longshot - anyone with an LSx in a 39 Ford coupe?