Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me race my LS2

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Najania
Thanks for the great help so far silverbullet, jomomma v8rumble and stu cool.
I'm glad if I could help.

Found out it costs "only" 2grand to buy nitto's, tci converter, lsx headders.
If that includes shipping/tariffs to the EU, then it's a little bit cheaper than I would've expected - but it's still a pretty fair chunk of change...

Originally Posted by SilverBullet73
Make sure you get a trans cooler also if you don't already have one! It will help with the extra heat the converter will cause.
Heh - I mentioned the same thing up above, I guess great minds think alike...

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
You can see by your improved speed that the gear ratio change really helped...
YOW!!! Sixteen mph is HUGE!! Man, if you can get traction, you'll see a NICE drop in your times for sure!

I have heard the LS engines have to drive a certain amount of miles before they perform at their maximum. Is there any truth to that?
I think that's true of all engines to a certain extent as the rings seal, etc., but I've heard the same thing about these engines...

Im gonna go with the tires for sure. I currently drive michellin pilot sport but they're at least 7years old (but amazingly still has a fair amount of tread on them)...
Yow... You might be "playing with fire" by using those tires. One of the national news networks ran a story a few months ago stating that tires that are more than six years old can be dangerous - regardless of how they look.

Now even if the news networks exaggerate and/or lie a lot (and they sure as hell DO, see the small section about NBC's Dateline), I don't believe that that's something you'd want to learn about first-hand, especially at the "big end" of the track...

Good luck man!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great help so far silverbullet, jomomma v8rumble and stu cool.
No problem, Anytime.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

The 2grand total for parts is without shipping and handling sadly. So I'll start with the tires. A bit disturbing to find out those old tires are dangerous. Been driving 130mph when testing the 1/4mile times and such. Thats pretty fast in a car without safety features other than seatbelts with bad tires.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice to se another dane here... i might have a set of long tube headers that fit.... i got screwed and got sent a wrong set of headers for my swap (ls1 into 79 malibu) if you are not too far away we could test fit them before you payed a dime (krone)

pm me if your interested...
Old 03-30-2009, 04:56 AM
12 Second Club

Hej. er fra Københavns området så burde ikke være et problem. Fedt med lidt danskere herinde. Er et godt forum jo!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wink

Hej. er fra Københavns området så burde ikke være et problem. Fedt med lidt danskere herinde. Er et godt forum jo!
That's easy for you to say...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

You said it

I just ordered mickey thompson drag radials. They'll be out driving april the 12'th. Exciting
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

Hey there. A little update.
I have reprogrammed my tranny and built a custom CAI. I managed to get a 0-60 in 4.17 and the 1/4 was 12.66 at 110mph. The good news about the 12.66 is it hesitated to shift from 2 to 3gear for some time making my times worse. My shift rpm in 2gear are to high according to Kevin from TCI(thank you for the great help so far) so lowering that 100/200rpm would make up for that mistake.
And im still to add the DR's.
Had it weighed also. it weighs 3200 with me in it and 10 gallons of fuel.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 AM
12 Second Club

just for fun i plugged what he said into a translator on google and this is what i got from it:

Hello. are from the Copenhagen area in question should not be a problem. Grease with a little Danes here. Have a good forum of course!