Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th400 vacuum source for modulator on th400

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default th400 vacuum source for modulator on th400

I am buttoning up my 2005 LQ4 swap into my jeep scrambler and was wondering what source of vacuum on the LQ4 do you guys use to hook up the vacuum modulator on the th400. I searched on here but couldn't find it.

Also thinking of modifying my pedal for the kickdown switch but was reading some use and some don't. Is there any benefit to keeping this switch?

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Will
Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any manifold vacuum source can be used...if you have power brakes plumbed in just T off that line. There probably won't be a dedicated port on the stock intake so you'll need to T off some other line.

I think the kickdown is a good idea personally...it raises the line pressure at WOT. I've run cars without it though for a long time too and didn't have issues.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjeep
I am buttoning up my 2005 LQ4 swap into my jeep scrambler and was wondering what source of vacuum on the LQ4 do you guys use to hook up the vacuum modulator on the th400. I searched on here but couldn't find it.

Also thinking of modifying my pedal for the kickdown switch but was reading some use and some don't. Is there any benefit to keeping this switch?

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Will
The LQ4 most likely came with hydroboost brakes stock and won't have the port in the back of the intake for the vacuum brakes. If it doen't just buy the port from a dealer and remove the plug and use it.

If it already has the port than just t into if.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The switch doesnt really matter that much unless you flat floor it. The modulator will control line pressure and the governor will control most of the up and downshifting with input from thr modulator of course.

Quick Reply: th400 vacuum source for modulator on th400