Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 LS1 wiring questions with a 95 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 99 LS1 wiring questions with a 95 Camaro

Alright here is my swap as I am entering the final stages. I have an 83 S10 that I have a 99 LS1 in. I have a dash and dash/interior wiring harness from a 95 Camaro with the intent on making all the gauges functional. I have the full engine wiring harness for the LS1 which is hooked up to the motor and then the wires run through the firewall. I mounted the computer inside the cab on the passenger wall behind the 95 dash where the airbag would be. I have all the wires hooked up for the dash. No air conditioning, no traction control, no Vats and a non electronic transmission. Fuel pump isn't a problem as I have an external Aeromotive and fuel cell with sender for the LT1 dash.

What is not connected is: C100, C101 and C105 from the LS1 Engine harness and C210, C220 and C230 from the 95 Dash harness.

My question is:

Isn't there a way that I can join these two harnesses to make this run and the gauges be functional?

Every conversion that I see on here has really helped me but it seems they are using the dash harness and motor harness from the LT1 and the dash and motor harness from the LS1. (magnus, blahster) Does this have to be done?

BTW... I have an underhood wiring harness from a 95 Camaro for the headlights, fans, etc..... but the engine harness is not there.

Any help\guidance would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 AM
Teching In

start here found this in search for LS1 to LT1 has some info on the gauges

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-lt1-car.html

Also, this link has info about C220 C230 C100 C101 C105

http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/wiring.htm
Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks TS,

I actually have both of those printed out and was using them as guides. Only problem that I am running into with them is that both of them used all 4 wiring harnesses. They use the dash and engine harness from the old car (V6 or LT1) and use the new dash and engine harness for the LS1. They combine the 4 with extra connectors.

I am looking for a way to take the 95 dash harness and hardwire it to the LS1 engine harness.

Any other opinions?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 290 Likes on 219 Posts

I used the stock LT1 Dash Harness & Engine Compartment Harness, and plugged it directly into the LS Engine Harness.

What the C-100, 101, 105 Plugs come to be once you strip everything out is power wires, Pink and Orange, to power everything. These all come from the Fuse Box. Also with these can be the Fan Control Wires from the PCM if you route them to the Fuse Box.

Now the Interior can be tricky, but it's easy once you understand it. I had to move some wires around, add in the 1998 3-wire Temp. Sensor, and also had to splice into the Alternator Wire to the PCM(red wire) so I could have a signal wire for the Gauge. Basically your goal here is to match the wires on the Dash Harness, which a majority of them are signal wires for the Gauges..Speedo, Tach, Oil Pressure, Engine Temp, and Voltage. The Fuel Level is a different wire. Also you will have the SES(MIL) Light, Low Oil and Low Coolant Light.
On the C-210 Conector you will have the Starter wire, and the Fuel Relay ground if I remember right.

Do you have the Pinout Diagrams for the C-210, 220, 230 Connectors for the LT1 Car?
The reason I ask is cause I have them if you need them. I have them for the 1999 LS1 Automatic Harness aswell, that is what I used.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Merv,

You have been a great help. Not just to me but I have been doing a lot of research in the Conversions section and your name comes up a lot.

Could you please give me the pinouts for the C-210, 220, and 230 LT1 connectors as well as the 1999 LS1 automatic harness? My email is MprtKllr99@msn.com or I guess you could attach the, here.

Thanks again, Shaun
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Hey Merv,

On the LT1 side of the harnesses, there is the large connector after the fuse block that goes through the firewall and the engine bay harness attaches to it. Am I correct in assuming that you used this harness to power the lights, fans, etc? Are there connectors on the other side of this engine bay harness that wraps around to the passenger side?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 290 Likes on 219 Posts

The Connectors that I was talking about for the Fans and Power Wires are the ones that are on the passengers wheel well. The big black one on the drivers side near the Steering Column that you are talking about connects the Engine Compartment Harness with the Dash Harness.

Quick Reply: 99 LS1 wiring questions with a 95 Camaro