Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retro Fit Oil Pan

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mantycarguy
Want to drop an LS Series engine into your old car? I’m contemplating going into production on an oil pan that will allow the LS Series engines to fit ’67-’90 Camaro, ’62-’75 Nova, ’64-’78 Chevelle, and all B-Body, G-Body, ’55-’64 Fullsize GM. This cast aluminum pan would marry the LS series engine to the older style chassis without modifications to the chassis or oil pan. You’d maintain optimal ground clearance as with the older style small block pan. Its wet-sump design eliminates the need for a remote oil filter adaptor and fittings. All transmission mounting points remain intact for electronically controlled transmissions.

Right now I’m just looking for some feedback to see if there are enough folks doing these conversions to warrant the start up.
On the 62-67 Nova, I have to ask you why???? Not many want to convert using the stock front clip, if they do, the GTO pan works and fits perfectly. If they go with an aftermarket front clip, they can use F-Body or possible the vette pan.....truely no need for an aftermarket offering.

Jack
Old 06-18-2009, 12:29 AM
RYU
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6-8 wks? might not be soon enough for me otherwise i'd def be interested.

i'm getting ready to drop in the LS in about 3-4 wks.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Mantycarguy, appreciate the efforts, however, please speak to the Website Administrator Adrian Harris (you can PM him with screen nme IB Adrian) about becoming a sponsor in order to solicit and sell to members on this website.

This post will be unlocked when approval is received, thanks.

Quick Reply: Retro Fit Oil Pan