Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 foxbody mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 foxbody mustang

so ya this is my first post on here so im gonna try and be as understandable as possible. first ill tell you my plans. i have a 79 mustang 5.0 and a smashed 02 tahoe with a 5.3 in it and i have a 4l60e out of a 94 2wd chevy van. ive been told the factory ls1 harness is more or less stand alone by itself with a 5 wire setup 2 key switched 12v 2 constant 12v and vats needs to be bypassed i already have the appropriate k-memebr that will bolt up and im going to have a driveshaft cut to fit so thats nothing. i have a cable throttle body. heres what i need to know will the harness work?? what else needs to be hooked up i already have the exhaust figured out and i changed the cam to a mild comp cam and i did the matching spirngs etc. im a mechanic so i have knowledge of making things work jus never don e anything to this extent i plan to build a custom trans crossmember. also can i use the tailshaft off a 700r4 with a mechanical speedo setup?? so i can have a working speedometer? and will a 45psi inline fuel pump be enough to feed an ls1? thanks guys any pointers/ wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

guess no1 can help me out? jus lookin for some help to make the swap go smoothly i dont have unlimited funds tryin to do things on a budget
Old 06-06-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

You need 58psi, the wiring is easy, just start doing it and it will come together. Use the sticky.

Quick Reply: ls1 foxbody mustang