Sponsored by:

Truck Harness - LS1 Alternator Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck Harness - LS1 Alternator Wiring Help

Guys and gals,

I've searched for this already, but I just want to see if there is an easier way than just running new power wires to my alternator.

I have a 93 chevy pickup that had a 5.3L in it and now has an LS1. I took the whole engine/tranny/accessories out of the truck when the 5.3 came out and put the whole engine/tranny/accessories from my 02' TA back in the truck.

Everything hooked up nicely, but I know that I have an issue with my alternator wiring due to the alternators differences. The 5.3 alternator used the 3 wire setup (Pin A is for engine on signal, B is charge indicator control, C is Generator Field Duty Cycle Signal) and the LS1 alternator uses the one wire (Pin B - Generator Turn on Signal).

I want to know if I can make the LS1 alternator work with the 5.3's harness. I would just swap the alternators out, but the 5.3 alternator does not have the support bracket in the back of it that attaches the back of the alternator to the block.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Cody B.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can use the f-body alt. Just hook up pin B. Pin A is not used at all on most swaps (used to go to the SBA module) and pin C can be eliminated since the f-body alt does not require it, theres a small chance that may set a code, but you can easily turn the code off in the PCM if need be

Quick Reply: Truck Harness - LS1 Alternator Wiring Help