Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S14 l33

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Verz
well thats a good thing, good job on the swap. I bet your enjoying the hell out of it and if you dont mind me asking how much do you have wrapped up in it so far, pm if you want it secreative
Thanks for the compliments. I've got around 8k rapped up in her now.
I can't wait to get her back on the road again with a working clutch and a freash coat of paint.

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
[B][gjohnson/B]\
Great job. Gonna be a sleeper for sure. I like how quiet your car is. I guess I am getting old. I like quiet vehicles vs the muscle car sound.

This swap didn't take long. Do you have any better pics of your frame mounts? I would imagine you some sort of gusset not shown in your pics.

Keep the pics coming.
I don't really have any other pics. Although this is the kit I used.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, here's a little update. I forgot to update this thread, so I'll copy and paste my updates from the other sites.

The Kouki has been at my buddies shop for a while now and we've been going at it when we have time, but I've spent 75% of all my time working on the rear quarter panel. The only way we could figure to get the fender back in shape was to either roll the fenders or go widebody. I decided to roll/pull the fenders.(figured I could go widebody later depending on how they turned out.) Also, beat on the quarter panels so long we had to torch them and rapidly cool them back down to shrink the metal. Had to cover it with a thin layer of bondo to, to smooth things out.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, great job. Looks awesome.

What size motor is the L33? Is it the 5.3?
Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

My buddy shooting.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, color is going on but I still need work. I haven't cleared yet because of all the trash that was getting picked up while shooting, so it looks like I will have to sand my base with 800 grit first, before I can clear. That and I ran out of paint. Painted everything but the front bumper.

On with the pics. Sorry, there from my blackberry.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah the L33 is a 5.3L.

Originally Posted by Tig
Wow, great job. Looks awesome.
What size motor is the L33? Is it the 5.3?
Thanks
Old 12-25-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Thats going to look good when finished, not sure if i missed it but is that the factory blue or did you go with a diff color?
Old 12-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Ummmm. Quick question about the painting of the stuff lying on the sides(doors). I was always told to paint the stuff the same way they would be on a vehicle (standing up) That was when the paint dries the pigment in them matches the rest of the vehicle. How's it look when assembled?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats going to look good when finished, not sure if i missed it but is that the factory blue or did you go with a diff color?
The color isn't stock. It's actually a BMW color exclusive to the M series, Interlargos Blue.

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
Ummmm. Quick question about the painting of the stuff lying on the sides(doors). I was always told to paint the stuff the same way they would be on a vehicle (standing up) That was when the paint dries the pigment in them matches the rest of the vehicle. How's it look when assembled?
I've never heard that, but this is the first time I've ever painted anything. Hopefully everything will be fine, but I did have some help from a couple of buddies that do this for a living and no one said anything about that.

Alright, dusted the car then laid down clear coat. I'm loving the color so far. Sorry about the blackberry pics.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Getting closer. Trying to remember the wiring.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn thats clean.

cant wait to see it all corrected/wired/running/good pics
Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I can't wait to see the finshed product too!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

I started watching this on silviav8 since it had a little more updatage but looks good man, congrats on a great build. Now for me to find a $400 kouki hahaha
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Staging Troll

nice build, love the sleeper status!

I started watching this on silviav8 since it had a little more updatage but looks good man, congrats on a great build. Now for me to find a $400 kouki hahaha
its actualy a zenki with a kouki front end swap. koukis are 5 lug hubs, not 4, and the wrong tailights lol..no biggie though, easy to change if you wanted a kouki clone..

i may have missed it in the beginning..is it a 95 s14?
Old 01-03-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the compliments guys. The car is actually a Kouki, it's a Base model 1997 240sx. The base models were 4 lug and the rear tails were swapped out for 95-96 tails before I bought the car.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice!! One of my favorite imports and a swap that I am entertaining for the future. Awesome job doing everything in house
Old 01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

You make me feel like crap for not having my swap done yet! Looks great, keep up the amazing work!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man, it's been a long time coming on my build. It'll be 2 years in June. Don't fell bad, just get motivated.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well had some issues with my powersteering line. Apparently when I put the engine back in after replacing the clutch the powersteering line was laying to close to the exhaust manifolds and eventually it laid on the manifold and the stainless steel braided line burst. I had to replace the line and decided to go with a 45* hose end instead of the 90*. The line fits so much better and I have a lot more clearance around the manifolds. Since that was done I dropped my car off on Monday morning at the A/C shop and picked it up on Thurday afternoon. Custom A/C lines are now on the ride and the system has been vacuumed out. Will probably add freon tomorrow. After picking up the ride on Thursday I took it down the street 4 blocks and dropped it off for an alignment and then this morning dropped it off to have the tint redone. Car is looking good and I'm loving the tint. Only problem is the A/C lines cost me way more that I was hoping to spend, so it doesn't look like I will be able to pick up the lowering springs I had my eyes on or install my Z32 brakes. Guess I'll be saving up for a while again.

Oh, talked to my tuner earlier this week and I should have a roadrunner PCM tomorrow or early next week. Will be able to do a custom real time tune and get this bad boy running like it should.
Anyways, pics of the new tint.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Car is def looking good but remember drop/brakes>ac

Quick Reply: S14 l33