Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1937 Ford LS2 Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012 | 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SamHatco
OK the suspense is killing me. What did you do to get rid of the ABS fault.

Sam

Sam......I have no idea what Eric did.......He made this module that plugged into the OBD port and it went away......He's making a permanent one now that will be hard wired into the PIM........The Gauge Cluster is now 100% functional as in a stock GTO.......Pretty Cool!!

Old 01-17-2012 | 02:36 PM
On The Tree

I don't suppose he would share with us what he did, do you? There are a lot of guys doing the GTO interior swap with the 05 06 GTO cluster and would like to know. I myself would be interested in knowing also. I did my swap with the 04 GTO cluster and all I had to do was clip a couple of wires to get rid of the ABS Fault.

Sam
Old 01-18-2012 | 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Sam, I have been in touch with Eric for quite a while working on both the ABS and the SRS faults. I would love to have been the first to try it out, but my car is still a way from running. Eric basically hacked the GMLAN and is using some electronics and some fancy programming to fool the BCM into thinking that those systems are connected and functional. This is a life saver to those of us that want to use the GTO cluster.

Steve
Old 01-18-2012 | 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Having used the 04 cluster and electronics on my car, all that is required to remove the ABS fault from the DIC is clipping a couple of wires that go to the cluster. On the 05 and 06 models the signal is handled via serial data from the BCM. I have been contacted by several guys using the later cluster in there GTO interior retrofit so this will be a monumental breakthrough on these swaps.

PS: Who is Eric and who does he work for?

Sam

Last edited by SamHatco; 01-18-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: ps
Old 01-19-2012 | 11:36 AM
On The Tree

PS: Who is Eric and who does he work for?

Sam
He's a guy I met on LS1GTO.com when I requested information to see if anyone had completely removed the ABS and found a way to get rid of the fault on the Gauge cluster. He said that he may be able to come up with a solution.

I don't have any idea who he works for, but can tell you that he's a pretty smart guy.
Old 01-19-2012 | 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Deserttaco
He's a guy I met on LS1GTO.com when I requested information to see if anyone had completely removed the ABS and found a way to get rid of the fault on the Gauge cluster. He said that he may be able to come up with a solution.

I don't have any idea who he works for, but can tell you that he's a pretty smart guy.

Steve (Deserttaco) got Eric to contact me to see if I would willing to go thru the Testing on my car .........To say that Eric "Pretty Smart" is an understatement.........

Ken
Old 01-19-2012 | 12:15 PM
On The Tree

yes it is.

Glad to see that it's working good! I can't wait to get my hands on the permanant one. Thanks for doing the testing.

Steve
Old 01-19-2012 | 02:43 PM
Teching In

Just now went through this whole entire thread...

Late forsure, but this is one of the best threads on here

Awesome car!!!!!!!

*Edit Im waiting on the 66 to get done, ive been keeping up with that..

I have a 68 drop top that I want to do similar to yours
Old 01-20-2012 | 12:11 AM
Teching In

I'm the one who has been working with kwhizz and Deserttaco on this module. It started out as a side project and turned out to be more work than I originally anticipated, but it's just about done.
I hope a few people get good use out of something like this.
I'll post some more info once the final module is completed.
Old 03-01-2012 | 05:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06phantom
I'm the one who has been working with kwhizz and Deserttaco on this module. It started out as a side project and turned out to be more work than I originally anticipated, but it's just about done.
I hope a few people get good use out of something like this.
I'll post some more info once the final module is completed.
Hi Phantom

Just wondering if you had an update for us?

I'm going to be retrofitting a C6 gauge cluster in my street rod, I hope your module will remove the faults in that too!

Thanks
DK
Old 03-01-2012 | 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Eric has been buried at work and I have been working on the Convert, but we are almost there and should have a final update shortly..........we could have been done a month ago, but Eric is such a stickler for details he wants it to be 100% perfect........Awsum!!
Old 03-04-2012 | 08:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kwhizz
Eric has been buried at work and I have been working on the Convert, but we are almost there and should have a final update shortly..........we could have been done a month ago, but Eric is such a stickler for details he wants it to be 100% perfect........Awsum!!
Awesome!

I'm looking forward to it!
Old 03-13-2012 | 09:03 AM
Teching In

what did you do for the thermostat housing for the radiator hose? I'm doing a LS in a 37 OZ ROD & I need to redirect the the upper hose. Thanx in advance for your time. BTW real nice fab job.
Old 03-16-2012 | 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by jbrodder
what did you do for the thermostat housing for the radiator hose? I'm doing a LS in a 37 OZ ROD & I need to redirect the the upper hose. Thanx in advance for your time. BTW real nice fab job.
Got a rotating Thermostat housing for the bottom and an off the shelf hose that was cut and rotated to fit for the top.....PRC radiator with steam vent built in....

Ken
Old 04-02-2012 | 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Update......I bought a Blue faced cluster that matches the car a lot better and while Eric had the unit he reset the mileage to match what I had on the car........"And"......the Gauge Cluster after Eric's efforts has all the faults gone, and functions exactly as a stock GTO would........"All" factory functions work as per stock...........I can't say enough about Eric's dedication and efforts to get this nagging problem resolved.........

Old 04-02-2012 | 09:37 PM
On The Tree

That's awesome! Ken has Eric had any luck with the SRS airbag fault?
Old 04-02-2012 | 09:59 PM
On The Tree

That's awesome Ken. Congratulations!

Sam
Old 04-03-2012 | 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kwhizz
Update......I bought a Blue faced cluster that matches the car a lot better and while Eric had the unit he reset the mileage to match what I had on the car........"And"......the Gauge Cluster after Eric's efforts has all the faults gone, and functions exactly as a stock GTO would........"All" factory functions work as per stock...........I can't say enough about Eric's dedication and efforts to get this nagging problem resolved.........

Now Ken if you want to give the cluster the finishing touch contact Blackcat customs and they will make you a faceplate with any wording or logo you want and remove the "GTO" from the cluster. This is what he did for me.

I just sent him a jpeg file and he did the rest

This would look cool

Or this

Just a suggestion

Sam
Old 04-04-2012 | 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for posting up this huge thread. Great read.
Old 04-04-2012 | 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Now Ken if you want to give the cluster the finishing touch contact Blackcat customs and they will make you a faceplate with any wording or logo you want and remove the "GTO" from the cluster. This is what he did for me.

I just sent him a jpeg file and he did the rest

This would look cool

Or this

Just a suggestion

Sam

"Bingo".......Great Idea!!...........I'm on it!!

Thanks
Ken

Quick Reply: 1937 Ford LS2 Install