Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 harness questions wire gauge/type and weatherpack info

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 harness questions wire gauge/type and weatherpack info

hello i have alot of questions and i feel here i can get the answers.SEARCH HAS ANSWERED 2 QUESTIONS MAX.I will be moving to Stockholm Sweden soon and plan on doing lsx swaps. If it was up to me i would just buy harnesses and mod them myself.But i need the info because there isnt many if any ls1 camaros in the junkyards around stockholm. Also if i purchased them premade it wouldnt be cost effective due to shipping and high import taxes.

is there a list anywhere that states what gauge wire each component of the ls1 harness uses all i can find is colors which helps but i dont wont to buy 1000ft of the wrong gauge wire. also i have 3 different types of wire to choice from through CTW inc SXL GXL GPT
anyone have an ideal which one gm uses?

also a list of part numbers for the weatherpack connectors
crank positioning sensor and cam positioning sensor- i believe these are the same
tps
iac
maf-5wire style---dont think this is a weatherpack
temp
injectors
coils harness plug---dont think this is a weatherpack
and the connectors for the pcm
i was wandering so i could order these in bulk

if it was up to me i would just buy harnesses and mod them myself i need the info because ill be moving to Sweden and there isnt many if any ls1 camaros in the junkyards there. Also if i purchased them premade it wouldnt be cost effective due to shipping and high import taxes.

any help will be appreciated
also any information on a place i could purchase these connectors in bulk i have a supplier but if some1 else is cheaper im all for that
Old 09-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Teching In

None of the connectors listed are weatherpack. tps, iac, temp, are all metri pack 150.2 pull to seat.cam,crank, and coil pack, are metri pack 150. (yes cam and ckp are the same connector). maf is a gt150. injectors are old style bosch. ecu pins are micro 100 style. 20 ga can be used all around. sxl gxl.txl can all be used.

Last edited by MEFISTUFF; 09-02-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome now where can i get the pcm connectors in bulk is that somethin i have to oreder directly though delphi
Old 09-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Teching In

what years of ecu connectors do you need? . Questions.,give me a call 909 910 3867, steve

Quick Reply: LS1 harness questions wire gauge/type and weatherpack info