Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 sonoma swap quwstions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 97 sonoma swap quwstions

I have a 97 sonoma that I am swaping a ls1 into and would like to know the difference between the vette brackets the 6.0's and the 5.3's Will they all bolt up to a LS1 and how much of a difference in clearance are we looking at? Also where is the best place to find a set of brackets or would anyonebe willing to trade for LS! brackets?

My reason for asking is that the camaro brackets put the alt on the bottom where my steering box is so I have to move it to the top side. I know the vette brackets will work but was hoping on a cheaper alternative

Thanks,
..RJ..
Old 12-03-2003, 09:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

All of the bracket/pulley systems will bolt onto any LS1 series engine. The offsets of the serpentine belt are different for each system unfortunately, so that will require a complete truck, vette, or f-body system to be used.

Corvette belt system hugs the engine the closest, followed by the f-body setup, then the truck setup. Each setup also has a different crank pulley.

Best bet for finding used parts would be to ask in the Truck forum classifieds here, or on ebay. Or, check out your local junk yards, they probably have some wrecked 99-03 V8 trucks in stock.

Tony