Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 camaro idle 3000 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1967 camaro idle 3000 rpm

i have a 2001 trans am ls1 motor w/ t56 in my 67 camaro all emissions deleted except front 02's all stock
saturday it ran great, monday all off a sudden rpm is hitting 3000 rpm i changed the idle air control valve and it drop to 2000 rpm there i no ac in the car no heater how can i relearn the idle for the computer i did take the battery out for and hour still same thing now at between 2000-2500 rpm...

this is what happen sunday on a stop sign my car started to do a wheel hop when i punched the gas and the whole body shook and the main belt came off because of the alternator bolt was lose cause it was short an also the cone on the mafs came off i put it back together so i can drive it back home with no problems with rpm and it didnt have any problems the ecu was under the dash and it moved while the wheels hoped and the constant wire started to touch a ground and burn the ground and constant wire(while driving smoke coming from the dash) so all sunday i fixed the wiring monday i got a new longer bolt for the alternator tit-end the idler pulley on the alternator bracket started then it started to hit 3000 rpm like theres a vacume leak or something...tuesday i got an obd 2 ready it gave me p0507 idle control syestem so i got one today money was hard to get for this sensor... and it went down to 2000rpm also i noticed today there is an exhaust leak from my short headers to the pipe could that cause my rpm to go up its makeing a tif tif tif noise im going to get a gasket for it since it got mest up

thats the story of my whole week
i dont know what to do i just want my car to run normal like saturday
please let me know what i can do to make it run right
i been searching for simialr topics and nothing has help if some one can help let me know
thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First I would tighten all the loose bolts on that car. Or your gonna lose something you need.

Your not getting any idle motor control. The new motor you installed is stuck in the position that idles at 2000 rpm, your old motor is stuck at 3000 rpm.

Surely caused by the fire. Burnt wire or the PCM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

motor you mean by iac valve right cause the new one is stuck at 2000 rpm the old at 3000rpm and so your saying that one other wire on the pcm could be damage and causing this but if its burnt shouldnt it not even start. Everything now is all tighten down and good to go. what else should i look for should i change the tps also i didnt change one let me know
thanks again
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

check the plug wires in the dark for arcing etc... i had #2 wire arcing to my header and the idle would go crazy. like 2000ish, then as soon as i pulled it off it went right down to 900. Wierd, i know, but its easy to check
Old 09-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

check the one from the pcm or under the hood by the o2 sensors near headers??so just see if any is glitching???

Last edited by flipsta510fazn; 09-24-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

i want to thank splatt i got my car up and runnning i checked the pcm and made sure that the c2 port is in and it was but i guess not all the way in... reinserted it and boom it fire up and idles fine...im guessing when i change the constant wire when it burnt out i must of not inserted it all the way in and caused that to happen since i cant see its cus its behind my glove box i had to take it apart this morning...i was also trying to see if the old iac would work fine but dam i must of mest it up cus when i put the old one back on it jump bak to 3k rpm and i put the new one bak on back to normal so yeah i guess i damage the old iac from the glitching.... now i know i knew i didnt have a vacume leak
and also didnt have to relearn the idle which would of been hard cus no ac in car

thanks again
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

nice! Congrats brother~!

Quick Reply: 1967 camaro idle 3000 rpm