Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 Swap in 84 Chevy 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jomomma
when you get ready, id send the pcm to tunedby frost.com. hes a sponser on here and does great work! hes done the tuning of all my vehicles.
thats good to know, it will be a while before i get to that point... i just pulled the rest of the body off of the truck and should have it to the body shop this week, i guess while those guys are making it look nice, i will spend the time to finish my frame work and get it all ready to powder coat.

Actually getting the truck running will probably wait until febuary or so... i want to get everything fit and finished before i worry about driving the thing... i will be toooo tempted to just drive it once it runs so i am saving it for last. haha
Old 10-29-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default headers

hey what headers are you gonna use? two bud of mine wenr different routes. one used the stock headers the other bought headers from s&p. s&p are costly and the factory exhaust hits the frame rail. maybe a muffler can work some magic.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

i used pacesetter longtubes for a late model truck. the passenger side went right in and i had some minor clearancing of the frame to do on the drivers side.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:24 AM

i am staying with the factory exhaust for now... i am just going to shave off the EGR valve on the passenger side so it clears the frame. it won't be perfect but it will get me by till i am ready to build my motor. i have a friend running a 5.3 in a 95 4x4 chevy and he has Gibson Short tube headders but is looking at some long tubes... not sure why, he just doesn't like the shorties.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Launching!

whats the part number of the vet fuel pressure regulator ?

Quick Reply: 5.3 Swap in 84 Chevy 2WD