Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*vids on pg 5* 6.0L LSX/T56 in a 1991 Z28 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My tuner finished the tune today, well as finished as it will be until I decide to change the MAF and TB to better equipment. But I'm satisfied right now, it runs awesome.

Here's a few vids to share with you all.

*Disclaimer: My brother is not the world's best video taker, so the fly by video kind of sucks. He didn't realize it was me coming down the road until the last second and the car went off screen, and he's bad at panning in and out.

I get kind of nasty at the end of the first video, sorry it's kind of long!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBJVi_5U2gA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ExOTr3J7zI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTyddWHDnrw

Last edited by BlueZee28; 03-04-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Launching!

I edited the first link, it should work now.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car sounds great man. What exhaust?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Launching!

SSW longtubes 1 3/4" with 3" collectors, 2.5" y pipe, into a single 3" Magnaflow bullet dumped a few inches before the rear end.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Here is my new AeroForce Interceptor II scan gauge. This thing is wicked cool. I can pick from tons of different parameters to show, two at a time, but right now I just have it set to coolant temp and wideband A/F (my temp gauge in the stock cluster doesn't read correctly)

This weekend should be nice, I'm going to take it out and get some really nice photos for y'all. And hopefully some better videos too, my dad is going to drive it for the first time. He actually hasn't even ridden in it yet either because he had been recovering from a surgery that was back in January

Old 03-11-2010, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

looks awesome man!!!!!!! congrats! how does she feel?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome ride! I'm picky about 3rd gens, but that is nice!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

wow..damn fine job!!! what gave you the biggest headache?
Old 03-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Job well done! I LOVE the color of your car. Props for taking on this project.

Last edited by bigtymer386; 03-14-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
wow..damn fine job!!! what gave you the biggest headache?
Hmmm...that's a good question. I think the biggest headache for me with the whole swap was probably the prep work, getting the old motor and trans out and painting the engine bay. Because I used a tubular k-member, dropping the new stuff in wasn't really too bad actually. I guess converting to a manual was kind of time consuming too though because I had to cut holes for the shifter and master cylinder. But over-all, it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating.

Originally Posted by bigtymer386
Job well done! I LOVE the color yof your car. Props for taking on this project.
Thank you!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Just a little update. I've had some issues with the master cylinder (Monster adjustable piece), as the clutch hasn't been disengaging all the way lately. It's gotten progressively worse. So I ended up forking out the money for a Tick master cylinder, which should be here on Tuesday. I can't wait to install it, I've heard great testimonies on that piece, and I'm sure it will fix my problem. I haven't driven the car in over 2 weeks because I'm afraid of hurting the clutch.

The burnout video was taken at the Power Tour back in June. And below that is a little video I made of the idle after the tune has been finished. The loud noises at the end are fireworks lol. Future plans include Spohn tubular a-arms with the del-sphere rod ends, coil overs, FAST 90/90, and a 9" with 4.10's. I'm probably going to have to wait until late next year for most of that though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhxkiFHR6Zo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6lTPOrVz0
Old 07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Launching!

I'm doing something to tidy up the wiring harness on my swap, something similar to what you 4th gen guys do with your wiring by hiding it in the inner fender. I've started on the driver side, got my holes made and everything and will be finishing it tomorrow. I'll post pics when I'm done. Basically the hole on the driver side will have all the wiring for the headlights, the fan relays, and the hose for the windshield washer fluid hidden through it.

Sorry if this is redundant, copied and pasted from another thread on another site:

I'm almost done tucking up the wiring, got the holes cut out tonight and grinded them pretty smooth, and I took a piece of rubber hose, slit it down the center and used it as a grommet for the holes. I only got the lower hole in the inner fender done so far, it's got some adhesive drying on it right now so it won't come off, and I'll work on the one in the engine compartment tomorrow and make it look a lot cleaner than the one I just did. Then I'll fish all the headlight harness and the wiring I made for the fans, along with the hose for the windshield wiper fluid, through these two holes starting at the recess in the frame for the horns.

Starting with the inner fender area:

And the engine compartment (obviously not done yet, haven't made the grommet for this one yet)

Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Ultra awesome build man!~
Read every page post by post!
I'm doing an LS1 Miata and little bits here and there of your thread really helped!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1SIKZ31
Ultra awesome build man!~
Read every page post by post!
I'm doing an LS1 Miata and little bits here and there of your thread really helped!

Thanks. I'm responding to your PM in just a sec.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Launching!

I did something to tidy up the wiring harness on my swap, something similar to what you 4th gen guys do with your wiring by hiding it in the inner fender. I've started on the driver side, got my holes made and everything and will be finishing it tomorrow. I'll post pics when I'm done. Basically the hole on the driver side will have all the wiring for the headlights, the fan relays, and the hose for the windshield washer fluid hidden through it.

Sorry if this is redundant, copied and pasted from another thread on another site:

I'm almost done tucking up the wiring, got the holes cut out tonight and grinded them pretty smooth, and I took a piece of rubber hose, slit it down the center and used it as a grommet for the holes. I only got the lower hole in the inner fender done so far, it's got some adhesive drying on it right now so it won't come off, and I'll work on the one in the engine compartment tomorrow and make it look a lot cleaner than the one I just did. Then I'll fish all the headlight harness and the wiring I made for the fans, along with the hose for the windshield wiper fluid, through these two holes starting at the recess in the frame for the horns.

Starting with the inner fender area:

And the engine compartment (obviously not done yet, haven't made the grommet for this one yet)

And for good measure, here's the eye sore I'm getting rid of:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I got the driver side of the wiring mess done as far as hiding the headlight harness, fan wiring, and the hose for the windshield wiper fluid. It looks a LOT better now, I'm very happy I decided to do this. I still have to snip and re-solder some wires on the C100 because there's a bunch of tangled up wires that I spliced at the beginning, once I'm done with that I can start putting the pedals, master cylinder, and steering column back in and enjoy driving it again.

What do you guys think? It looks pretty clean all things considered.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Good job on the wiring, that makes a big difference. I started a rewiring project for my Thunderbird and the car went from too busy and confusing under hood to getting closer and closer to stock appearance. I've had people look the car over, talk to me and walk right by with the hood open not realizing a new monster lives in the old cave. I can't wait until I'm finished with all the details.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Like Pocket said to me, you gotta make a mess before you can clean it up.

Quick Reply: *vids on pg 5* 6.0L LSX/T56 in a 1991 Z28 convertible