Sponsored by:

Engine years for swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Thealien
I should be able to get 02 sensors...
Just remembered... Try to get the exhaust flanges too, the truck manifolds aren't standard 3 bolt flanges.

Grabbing the O2's will save you about $160.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Did you show up with ? Wow! Is this with the trans too or without? If it's without, grab the flexplate, bolts and bellhousing bolts while you are at it since they are all metric.

Nice.

As far as TAC module, I'm not sure but if it is a box that looks important and you don't know what it is take it and sort it later.
With transmission! I plan on taking as much of the harness etc that I can get away with.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Just remembered... Try to get the exhaust flanges too, the truck manifolds aren't standard 3 bolt flanges.

Grabbing the O2's will save you about $160.
Are all 4 the same? worth grabbing the other 2? I'm sure he would rather cut the exhaust than unbolt so that shouldn't be a problem. I "may" be using Fbody manifolds anyway due to frame clearance issues? But I do like to cover all my bases, what I don't use I will sell.

Do I need a special socket to remove them?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you got the deal you we're looking for, congrats. T-case too ?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kj598bbc
Looks like you got the deal you we're looking for, congrats. T-case too ?
I had no need for the Tcase, wrong side drop. I would have liked the push button 4X4 shift to clean up the floor but after comparing costs on all my options keeping the stock NP205 seemed the better choice. I Would have to change front axle and drive shafts. I decided to have a transmission built (needed a core anyway) to adapt to my NP205. I'm going to try something I will post my results if I am successfull. The swap yards want $5-600 just for a transmission, FLT wants $400 for a core. Even if I deduct $150 shipping to FLT from the $400 I end up getting a 2007 with harness, pedal and extras for $500. If it costs me $500 to make it whole I will still be happy.

This is what I plan on installing it in!

Old 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Are all 4 the same? worth grabbing the other 2? I'm sure he would rather cut the exhaust than unbolt so that shouldn't be a problem. I "may" be using Fbody manifolds anyway due to frame clearance issues? But I do like to cover all my bases, what I don't use I will sell.

Do I need a special socket to remove them?
Front 2 are all you need, get the rears tuned out of the PCM. The rears are different anyway and can't be swapped to the front.

There is a special socket, but you can use a crescent wrench on them if you can get to them. They are pretty close to the manifold if not in the manifold depending on the year so I would just sawzall the tube past the flange and include the O2's then worry about getting them out at home.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Front 2 are all you need, get the rears tuned out of the PCM. The rears are different anyway and can't be swapped to the front. That is what I was wondering. Already planning having the others tuned out when I decide who to use.

There is a special socket, but you can use a crescent wrench on them if you can get to them. They are pretty close to the manifold if not in the manifold depending on the year so I would just sawzall the tube past the flange and include the O2's then worry about getting them out at home.
If I can't get them out I hope the shop will do that. Not sure how much extra he will do. I believe he thinks I am beating him up as it is?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Launching!

From what I have read there are 3 computers in 07 a PCM, a BCM, and a transmission computer. I am not sure how this affects a harness and a tune. I have emails into a couple tuners and have not heard back. I guess I am going to pass. If anyone wants info on the location I would be happy to help.

Mark
Old 11-06-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

From what I have read there are 3 computers in 07 a PCM, a BCM, and a transmission computer. I am not sure how this affects a harness and a tune. I have emails into a couple tuners and have not heard back. I guess I am going to pass. If anyone wants info on the location I would be happy to help.

Mark
I would check http://lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm and / or PM Busta9876 on this board (LT1Swap is his site). He is very knowledgeable about that sort of thing.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Launching!

He said he wasn't doing harnesses at this time. His site has been a wealth of knowledge, thanks

Quick Reply: Engine years for swap