Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carbed, procharged ls1 valve train recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbed, procharged ls1 valve train recomendations

In the middle of a restoration of a 67 Nova. Nova will be pro-touring type of car driven often, consisting of a carbed ls1 with a victor intake, procharger D1SC, and a Tremec TKO600. Im in the mock up stage with motor, tranny, rear end, etc. My ls1 core is a 98 long block with supposed 18k removed by dealer under warranty because of piston slap. My intentions were to beef up rotating assembly with rod bolts, blower forged pistons, MLS gaskets with head studs, and replace cam and valve springs. But the more I read these forums the 98 block and heads are not very desirable, especially if i need to bore this one. I was also wondering what cam would work well with carb and blower. If i have to replace block I was thinking of a brand new ls1 aluminum block and maybe LS2 heads. I dont know?????? any recomendations??? Also wondering what kind of HP is possible with mild cammed LS1 with stockish heads with blow thru carb with D1 set for 12psi, no intercooler. I definitely want to stick with aluminum block and not go broke on rest of long block. any recomendations please. Sorry for the rambling im wicked ocd when it comes to this!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

mayb bettr option to invest forged assembly in a ls2 or ls3 motor. with dart or afr heads. due to thicker deck. but oe will support 700+ w upgraded springs and stock runners and chambers