Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RetroLSX
I’d rather keep that discussion off the forums and talk about the enthusiast needs and get you guys the best products at the best price!
This quote in it self speaks volumes in your obvious professionalism and customer service attitude. As a small shop owner I always tell people that the "other shops" reputations is theirs to uphold or ruin. I will say nothing against them. All I can do is show you how I do business. Funny, I seem to have way to much work all of a sudden.........
Old 12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

...Also if you are near the ATL area I need a 67-69 F-Body or preferably a 1968-1974 Nova with PS, PB, A/C for a mock up car..
I am just a couple hours away in Huntsvile, AL, and I am getting ready to pull the 406 SBC in my '69 Nova to make room for the 408 I am assembling. Only problem is, my car is manual steering & brakes and no air conditioning. Let me know if what I have would be helpful though.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey man, do you have anything for a T56 swap into a 69 chevelle with a 454 big block? or even a write up that I can put in front of the ower?

Also where you the guy at the shootout manning the booth?

Last edited by Tricked-Out-Toy; 12-09-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
Hey man, do you have anything for a T56 swap into a 68 chevelle with a 454 big block? or even a write up that I can put in front of the ower?

Also where you the guy at the shootout manning the booth?
.....'69, but who's counting, hahaha
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
.....'69, but who's counting, hahaha
fixed!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome product! Welcome aboard Shawn!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:20 AM
FormerVendor

I have the same style Nova at the shop without the AC, PS, and PG and with building these kits I have to have a car that I can make the parts fit with all possible OEM options. Unfortunately I can use the nova but if you want an install let me know.

I was at the booth at the LSX shootout when I worked for my old company. I’m the younger guy with the red hair. The other guy Bart who was working the booth the year before is who I’m working with to do the kit design and installations.

For the T-56 McLeod makes a bell housing and clutch kit to drop the LS1 T-56 behind the big block. I myself have only done the LS swaps but I have heard that the LT1 T-56 is a better option for big blocks or small block chevys. I did just got a job to install a LS into a 67 Chevelle and I have my 70 gto so I’ll have the A-Body kits knocked out very soon. All you’re going to need is to mod your crossmember or run a aftermarket unit and hook up the hydraulic clutch system.

I’m going to have some photos up soon from my most recent customer that has the most complete and amazing collection of GM muscle cars I have ever heard off and is a completely unknown collection. His car we are doing a LS swap on is a real under 50K mile 67 Post car chevelle with every document and paperwork from GM with even its original plugs and spark plug wires!

Here were some of the ones that stood out to me

32! 63-67 vettes all original paint except one with real a 63 Z06 and several 427 Tri Powers.
ZL1 Camaro with a racing pedigree
60 Mile 1970 Phase III Baldwin Motion Camaro

I don’t have the time to name off this amazing collection and the next time I’m there with a camera I’ll be posting up photos to make any GM man green with envy.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear that you guys are working on some third gen f-body stuff. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, perhaps steel headers with a ceramic coating option would provide for a cost-effective alternative for those who don't want or need (or can't afford) stainless. Most thirdgenners are cheap and if you can bring an affordable header to that community, it would certainly be popular. Plus most stainless stuff winds up looking like hell if you don't coat it anyway, so you might as well save money and get ceramic coated steel.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

We are considering a lower cost line of headers in mild steel as well, but with ceramic coating it could bring the price up close to the cost of the stainless. I know our stainless is going to be under 600 and that I will also have options for polished stainless for any car as well as full exhaust systems not just headers. The third gens will also have Y-pipes as a option. I have 3 third gens myself and I have never bought one for over $500 so I know how much prices matter for these cars

Last edited by RetroLSX; 12-11-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good to hear. Another suggestion as long as you're listening... look into crossmembers that are similar to the one that Andris Skulte used to offer. This was an "M" shaped crossmember that provided exhaust clearance. It provides a very clean exhaust path that spohn's doesn't.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

what about s-10's are you getting into them at all? i am finishing up my install of a 5.3 in an s-10 this weekend and id like to get a set of headers now i am running manifolds.

Tyler
Old 12-11-2009, 08:41 AM
FormerVendor

I’ll take a look at the crossmember when we mock up the third gens for sure. We want a full exhaust system so fitment all the way to the tailpipes is going to be considered.

I’m working with the guys at current performance and I’m getting the last set of LT inside the frame 1 1 3/4 headers he has and will be popping them in stainless once we work out the details. These are the best options I found and do not have to have the primaries go outside of the frame. So I will have a line of S10 swap kits and LT headers as well.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Teching In

are you gonna build headers for an lsx swap int the first gen novas with the stock front clip?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new venture Retro LSX, I realize that b-bodies are'nt exactly performance platform material to some, but theres a very loyal following IMO. With that being said it would be nice to have a header that fits correctly even if its not COMPLETELY designed around the platform. Heres to hoping a set of your cost effective g-body offerings will do, although i've been told that f-body headers fit with little work.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM
FormerVendor

We will have them for the Novas, we have the mount design already worked out from the Corvette we built. I just have to get the Nova I have lined up in the shop. I have several cars that we have already got prepped for installs/ mock ups.

As for the G-bodys its one of the best markets that people often overlook. I have 3 G-Body installs going on at my shop already! I even have a clean 87 Aerocoupe getting a LY6 4L80. I will also be doing the B-Bodys as well. We will have these kits and headers for all these cars and will be obviously knocking out the mainstream cars first but will constantly have these cars in for mock up.

I just wrapped up the 1973-198 4wd Swap kit and it turned out great! This I think will be a great option and I used the advanced adapters to retain the old style trans with a dual trans mount design to hold the extra weight of the T-case.

Thanks
Shawn
Old 12-12-2009, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

you get my pm?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is our Aerocoupe we pulled in for mock up. It’s a really clean car and we should have headers and kits made for this swap in the very near future.
I have an 82 Monte that's getting a 403 LS1 and I need 1 7/8" headers. The motor mounts I have place the engine in the stock location. Will your headers work for this application? I was going to use BRP's header's but because their mounts raise the motor approx 1 1/2", and they were made to work together, I would think the headers would hang low. Also, you said "near future" for the headers. Does that mean early next year say around Feb - March? The sooner the better because I want them now.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 12-12-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:04 PM

wow when i saw were you are located i had to re read a few times that is about 10min from me would have never though. well i have been looking to build a 240 ls1 for some time but really i don't have the time and its about 3000 cheap to buy one. There is one that am looking at that the swap was not done very well but the price is unbeatable. There are a few thing i will need help with but my main concern right now is with passing emissions. The car has no cats but i can put those on but i will need help with the cpu. The car has no o2 sensors is there anyway you can hook those up ?and anything else needed to pass? and if i don't buy this 240 what kind price can you give me for a ls1 240 build if i supply the body and the ls1?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM

also forgot to complement on how you have made all these fast responses from the sound of it you know what your talking about and for starting this business in these times you got some *****. Hope to hear back from you and if the price is right on the swap man you might have your self a customer, and i will be spreading the word around town for you man you got a number i can give people? by the way i drive a white 63 impala its bagged you might have seen me around cya around might stop by to take a look
Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any plans on H-body stuff? I need a set of headers for my 1978 Monza LS1.

Bill

Quick Reply: New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS