Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To anyone in KC looking for an engine, I DO NOT recommend Midway!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotrod406
Thread tools-Subscribe. You don't have to ***** up the thread
Or maybe instead of "whoring" up the thread some of us are showing that this is being watched for the outcome for either good customer service or a business to avoid?

But thanks for the tip
Old 12-23-2009, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot about shipping. They do ship. I bough a 5.3 about 2 years ago for 500. it had 48k. om it. I thought that was a good price.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"the people at greenleaf, though total idiots, are quite polite".
Same here in the Atl area. A friend sold his yards to Greenleaf, and that was the beginning of the end for our supply of parts.
Isn't Greenleaf a side business of Ford Motor Co.??
Old 12-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has the opportunity to be quite good lemonade. This is a very well read thread.

If Ms. Wilcox can resolve the initial issues, that the engines have been "made whole" and that the personnel involved have either been discharged (or significantly retrained), it should make LS1Nova71 happy. That is just not the way to handle customers, especially ones that have shown to have enough money to purchase two engines - much more disposable income than most that of us that frequent a yard. This seems like a fabulous customer to hang on to, not abuse and yell at.

It would also be interesting to see if if Ms. Wilcox would be willing to provide this forum some access to parts, at a reduced price, and some shipping. That would make the forum happy. And it is the season.....

Merry Christmas, y'all
Mike
Las Vegas
Old 12-23-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Well everyone, I have emailed Mrs. Wilcox, and recieved an email back from the sales manager who says he will try his best to make things right. So at least it seems like they are going to try to work with me on this. I'll keep everybody informed.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love this type of merry Christmas ending.

Hope it all works out.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Launching!

I will chime in here...Until it IS resolved, I will not shop there again. I have actually seen all three swaps that he has done (truxter, nova, and the ford in his avatar) and they look really good (though the 40 is a rat rod). If someone says "I'll make it right", and they are an owner, The missing and broken parts are waiting on him at the store. I KNOW if I stepped into a deal for a complete drop out, it would be a battery and oil away from a running engine. And if the owner says different, she has never had the shoe on that foot. Though I have only spent about a grand there in four years, I will not even consider going there until this is resolved.

He is a good guy and I have had ton's of chats with him about his cars. Even though I am not a Chevy guy (not down with the jargin if you will), he never talked down to me when I had the "What does that mean" look on my face.

SWS
Old 12-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

I just had to chime in on this one, because I have lived in the Kansas City area most of my life, and have dealt with this exact type of behavior before with Midway. You know, they know everything, and get power trips on telling you that whatever issues you have are yours, not theirs. They "do no wrong". Yeah right! I know the manager is trying to make things right, and jump in and make everyone believe they are not really this way. I'm sorry, but I had my last dealing with these "junk yard" thugs several years ago, and have not been back. I go to Burmingham off of hwy 210 and other yards up in Nebraska near a buddy of mine. Awesome guys. Anyway, lets just say that between an engine with no oil pressure, and a rearend that whined terribly and a few other dealings, I have ZERO recommendations for these idiots and their attitudes! "Remember, you are buying used parts, Right?" I hope they can resolve your issues, and I would take everything back and get your money back, period. If they are sincere about taking care of you, then they won't hit you with the lame "restocking Charge". Just my opinion, but I would deal with someone else, because I have heard this story too many times about "Midway JUNK YARD". I don't send anyone there. If they are wanting to change everyones opinion about them, then I'm sorry, customer service and taking care of the customer should be paramount. And for the manager at Midway, you know that tons of people are watching to see how well you will take care of ls1Nova71. Are you genuinely concerned about his problem, or are you trying to smooth things over for business and bad press? Take care of your customers, and tell your salesmen to get rid of the "attitude" most of them have!
Old 12-25-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

They could give two *****. Their business is to get money no matter what, period. If they have to **** a few people over in the process no big deal. They will say anything to get your money. Once you hand it over, you're fucked. They have your money, they bought some meth, and they are looking to scam someone else as soon as possible. No offense to anyone in the pawn shop business, but junkyards are about five notches below pawn shops and the best ones are maybe one notch above a scrap yard. IMO you have to throw a complete fit to the point of them calling 911 in the front office if you feel like you're getting jacked around on a deal.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jw33
They could give two *****. Their business is to get money no matter what, period. If they have to **** a few people over in the process no big deal. They will say anything to get your money. Once you hand it over, you're fucked. They have your money, they bought some meth, and they are looking to scam someone else as soon as possible. No offense to anyone in the pawn shop business, but junkyards are about five notches below pawn shops and the best ones are maybe one notch above a scrap yard. IMO you have to throw a complete fit to the point of them calling 911 in the front office if you feel like you're getting jacked around on a deal.
I agree 100%. Ask for a complete refund. Return their crap and take your money elsewhere. Do not do business with these clowns. Capitalism works. You want get them where it hurts: in the cash register. Let the salesman figure out a way for them to make payroll. Perhaps he will be the first one NOT to get a check when they cannot pay the overhead.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Well everyone, I have emailed Mrs. Wilcox, and recieved an email back from the sales manager who says he will try his best to make things right. So at least it seems like they are going to try to work with me on this. I'll keep everybody informed.
Hey man are you still working at the salvage yard, i used to haul cars out of there for welch trucking. I loved your nova.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Four days and no response.

SWS
Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=seawalkersee;12661895 He is a good guy and I have had ton's of chats with him about his cars. SWS[/QUOTE]
He is a great guy I have seen some of his work from his buddies old truck he use to work on to the nova and the white ford truck. My buddy use to have a nova the same color as his, he was alot of help to my friend Matt!!!
I hope midway does take care of this issue for you!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Launching!

I'd hate to believe that the owners apology and alleged committment to "look into" taking care of this was purely cosmetic; now i'm fairly sure that it was
now im... at these idiots way of doin business !!! consumers seem to never have a solid line of defense other then these Business'

Last edited by kj598bbc; 01-15-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by seawalkersee
Four days and no response.

SWS
I figured I'd give them a few days since it's the holidays, then I'll email them again, but it doesn't appear at the moment that they were being very sincere with their apology.

Originally Posted by Darracq
Hey man are you still working at the salvage yard, i used to haul cars out of there for welch trucking. I loved your nova.
If you're talking about UWI, I worked there for about a year or so, but it's been almost 8 years ago!

Originally Posted by 80bu
He is a great guy I have seen some of his work from his buddies old truck he use to work on to the nova and the white ford truck. My buddy use to have a nova the same color as his, he was alot of help to my friend Matt!!!
I hope midway does take care of this issue for you!!!
WOW, you remember my white Ford truck? Your buddy Matt, was that the Nova that got wrecked on the ice, slid into a tree or something?

Originally Posted by kj598bbc
I'd hate to believe that the owners apology and alleged committment to "look into" taking care of this was'nt purely cosmetic; now i'm fairly sure that it was
It's looking like it, but like I said I'll email them back in a few days and see what they have to say then.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Teching In

[WOW, you remember my white Ford truck? Your buddy Matt, was that the Nova that got wrecked on the ice, slid into a tree or something?
Yeah that's the one, I was the guy that was always with him when you were working over Joe's house.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow ist been a long time ago lol.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

look ino Autoland in Carbondale, you can get a complete motor for about 450.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

update?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

I've been in contact with them and they seem like they're going to get me all of the pieces I need, so it appears there might be a light at the end of the tunnle after all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The down side is, they don't know when they're going to get any trucks in, so it may be a while.

Quick Reply: To anyone in KC looking for an engine, I DO NOT recommend Midway!