Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To anyone in KC looking for an engine, I DO NOT recommend Midway!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like are dragging ***, I am sure they could have gotten the parts for you if they really wanted to take care of you.

Get your money back and go get it from a company that will stand next to their product.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are definitely dragging their asses !!!! Again i've said it before, i've worked at several "yards or recyclers" and i refuse to believe that these asses dont have another engine in their warehouse. Option 2 THEY go and BUY the missing pieces or how about ship some in from another damm LKQ !!!! They are not taking care of you by any means !!!! And you absolutely need to get a refund and take your business to someone who at least takes care of THEIR screw ups.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default "I'm through with you" priceless! good customer skills

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
I've been in contact with them and they seem like they're going to get me all of the pieces I need, so it appears there might be a light at the end of the tunnle after all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The down side is, they don't know when they're going to get any trucks in, so it may be a while.
LS1nova71 IMO they should either pull good used parts for you OR make good with NEW parts - they've had your money how long? and your still not running? good buisness sense is to make your customer happy NOW. how much can a P/S pump and a couple of pulleys cost 200$? a fraction of what you spent to make a customer happy- MIDWAY are you listening? I deal with yards frequently but theyre the pick a part types and I expect no warranty its always buyer beware for me but engines are a little different. understandably external items will get damaged when they get pulled or even from the wreck in the first place, always inspect well BEFORE you hand over the green if its simple stuff- negotiate-sooner than after the fact -just good comon sense - hope this comes out for the better for you. keep your projects coming, I've seen the nova and truckster on HRPT
Old 01-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, customer service is not part of business anymore.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked for A-Reliable in Blue Island Il. BEFORE the H. family sold it to LKQ, and after.... customer service was only a concern when the H. family owned it. I'm not surprised....
Old 01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Teching In

just to add, calling or asking any salvage yard/junk yard or whatever around here is a pain in the A@@ too, (southern indiana, evansville, newburgh area). All the places act like what your asking them to look up or see if they have is straight forward and just for that application, when you tell them what your wanting to do(like i did) the guy says...well that's not in my interchange, on the upside of alot of these places being ran and owned by knucklehead rednecks is the prices we can score and get some stuff for, downside is the narrowminded, powertrippin retardation involved.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Bump?

SWS

Quick Reply: To anyone in KC looking for an engine, I DO NOT recommend Midway!