Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'04 GTO into '91 FBIRD starts, wont run?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010 | 06:13 PM
Teching In

'02 vette oem w/ steel braided lines to the rails, so I dont really need that 3rd gen filter right? i'm thinkin it should go just on g.p.
Old 01-26-2010 | 06:34 PM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

02 Vette has the regulator in the tank just like 98-02 Fbodys

You wont run without a regulator, the thing on the rails is a buffer to keep the pressure relatively similar
Old 01-27-2010 | 10:40 AM
Teching In

oem '02 or '04? vette filter/ reg. maybe '04 i dont remeber year but this is the one w/ biult in reg. & return line, so theres only one line to the motor, i was told this is the easy "cheap" way to feed the ls1 by several people in "the biz" & it seems to be working great so far.

Last edited by LS1FBIRDTA; 01-27-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2010 | 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pocket
Add your ALDL connector. 4 wires

Serial goes to B58 for 99+ GEN III PCMs
ok, so i wired up the aldl to the 04 harness but, in the diag. you posted it shows #2 is purple & # 16 is orange for '99+ but on my plug its #2=yellow w/white & #16=purple while #'s 4&5 are brown w/white (grounds?)
on my pinout it shows pin#58 =RFA class2 serial data, sothat goes to pin #2 on my plug? & purp goes to b+, right? or deos it go to the purp wire in the harn?
Old 01-31-2010 | 01:34 PM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

Colors have absolutely no bearing on wire function. Only size and destination

Serial from the PCM goes to pin 2 and the other 3 wires can be attached to anything. Since there is one wire already coming from the PCM, I add another one for the 12v constant leg from the PCM battery wire and tie the grounds into the PCM grounds

This puts a fuse on the ALDL and double checks that your PCM grounds are intact. If one of those are wrong, the scanner wont read and you will have a heads up in your troubleshooting
Old 02-01-2010 | 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Default Vats

Did you have your Vats removed from the PCM? I used an '04 harness in my 69 firebird install and before I started it for the 1st time I had a mail order tune done to remove the vats. Started 1st time. I bet yours doesn't run for more than 3 secconds, right? If that's the case then it's most likely vats.

Sam
Old 02-01-2010 | 10:53 PM
Teching In

HOLY CRAP!!! I freekin fig'd it out & got it running, sounds F'n awesome! so this whole time it was the relay pack that was spliced into the '04 harness to get power to all the things that need it, like the fuel pump for instance & the fan for another.
so all this time ive been fighting bad electronics(relays) it turns out i dont even need the relays that were spliced into the haness at all & the stock 3rd gen fuel relay was shot(i guess) so i replaced it and ran a new batt+ w/ fuse holder to it & BAM! she roars like a tiger!
so the thing to take away from all of this is that not only does the stock 3rd gen. relay work just fine & you dont need abuncha crap added into & hanging off of the harness(like a big *** relay pack) BUT, the LS1 "PCM" needs "see" or "control" (so to speak) the pump in order to keep the motor going correctly or else it doesnt get enough fuel & the motor runs like *** & dies a few seconds after startin.

thanx again to every one for all yer help with this & I will most likely still be around here as I STILL have sum issues to work through yet! & I really kinda like this site!
Old 02-02-2010 | 12:37 PM
Teching In

WTF! now my fuel pump wont run at all unless i "jumper" it, but the motor still wont start even with the pump hot wired & it doesnt look like theres any spark either.
is it poss. i fried the ecm or something?

Quick Reply: '04 GTO into '91 FBIRD starts, wont run?