Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats 07+ trucks
Old 05-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pavetim
So you can have a dbw cable ecm and use it on a dbw throttle body? and you can have a dbw ecm and use it on a dbc throttle body? with programming? Like for example if I got a wiring harness from a dbc vehicle and then I have an 05 silverado ecm. Can I upload a 05 express van tune into the silverado pcm and get a drive by cable ecm?
Bringing this back to the top just to see if there anything new on it. In exchange, I will try to help answer a question that didn't get answered.

SOME ECM's were capable of DBC AND DBW but some aren't. Generally speaking, if there was an OEM application for the ECM in question for both, it will be able to do both. But some never had an OEM DBC application and therefore do not contain the circuitry necessary to drive an IAC valve. An e40 ECM is an example of one of these that is not capable of running a DBC TB since it was never available in an OEM DBC vehicle.

It would be nice to have a list of ECM's and whether they had the IAC circuitry or not.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CalEditor
I have close to 100 hours of data-logs for DBW. I can tell you that on some Cadillac's with DBW when you go 1/4 throttle pedal the TAC is commanded to 100%

Most LSx calibrations have over 100 different parameters. How many does HPT offer you to adjust?
I will post how many parameters later today. Maybe even over 300. I can't remember.

Depending on the operating system and the options the DBW system will work differently.

Torque Managment, RPM's per second limit, Traction Control, MPH per Second
I would be very interested in seeing what there is that I don't have access to.

This is what I get in HPT from a stock '05 Vette e40, and this is all:

This is what I get from an '05 SSR e40 when I pull the tune without a TCM attached:

By contrast, this is an '02 Silverado 411 (I think) ecm LQ4. More tables available but each one isn't quite as comprehensive:

Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CalEditor
I have close to 100 hours of data-logs for DBW. I can tell you that on some Cadillac's with DBW when you go 1/4 throttle pedal the TAC is commanded to 100%

Most LSx calibrations have over 100 different parameters. How many does HPT offer you to adjust?
I will post how many parameters later today. Maybe even over 300. I can't remember.

Depending on the operating system and the options the DBW system will work differently.

Torque Managment, RPM's per second limit, Traction Control, MPH per Second
Oops, just realized that you are banned.

Quick Reply: DBW response?