Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dbw not working help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have either a bad pcm or a bad TAC module. It is easier to find a PCM to swap out and test.

Its hard to DIY test the two because they have two data communication wires that they communicate over. Being that you lose the data at your OBD port it sounds like you have a short over the data lines on one of the components.

I can send you a PCM to test with, if you send a deposit for it and when you return it you get all of your money back minus the small amount of shipping. This would be the easiest way for you to test, unless you have another tuned PCM to test with.

Make sure that you check the pinouts at the PCM Blue connector to make sure there isnt something pinned wrong on 58 and 59. Both of those are data lines.

You should have an Orange with Black stripe wire on Blue 14 and a Blue with white stripe on Blue 15.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW issues

Thanks for the quick reply, so far that is what we came up with as well. I also forgot to mention that with key on I am getting 12v on both throttle motor wires in my 2 pin connector. Which from what I understand one should be high as the other is low . How much would it cost for deposit ? All wires are confirmed in correct locations. 59 is removed per info on lt1swap.com . Thanks again for your help. Checked out your website already looks like you still working on it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dbw issues

One last thing I hear a buzzing type sound coming from engine bay when TAC module is hooked up but can't remember if it goes away when it is unplugged. Guess I will check that tomorrow.

Quick Reply: dbw not working help please