Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to use a pedal from another vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it possible to use a pedal from another vehicle?

Below are a couple of pictures of the gas pedal that came with my 08 LY6 motor (from a Chevy Van). When I first got it, it did not hit me. I looked at my old gas pedal this weekend and held this one up to it, big difference.

It is as if the van pedal mounts to the bottom of the dash, or some sort of horizontal reinforced mount as opposed to what I am used to seeing, mounting against the firewall vertically. If I mounted it vertically, it would basically be laying parallel with the floor (2nd picture is what it would look like). It also does not have a lot of range from no pressure to fully pressed.

Can I use a pedal off another 07-08 DBW vehicle in place of this one to make the mounting easier?

Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 87SS
Below are a couple of pictures of the gas pedal that came with my 08 LY6 motor (from a Chevy Van). When I first got it, it did not hit me. I looked at my old gas pedal this weekend and held this one up to it, big difference.

It is as if the van pedal mounts to the bottom of the dash, or some sort of horizontal reinforced mount as opposed to what I am used to seeing, mounting against the firewall vertically. If I mounted it vertically, it would basically be laying parallel with the floor (2nd picture is what it would look like). It also does not have a lot of range from no pressure to fully pressed.

Can I use a pedal off another 07-08 DBW vehicle in place of this one to make the mounting easier?

From your pix a G8 runs the same connector and is a regular all vertical style vs the elbow style pic'd.

Whether they have the same position sensor curves NFI. All you can do is try and see.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I will see if I can find one to compare.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

I have the TCM that goes along with this pedal to control my 4L80E. Will that work with a different pedal, or must they be kept together? Just want to make sure if I get a pedal, will I also need the TCM for that pedal as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 87SS
I have the TCM that goes along with this pedal to control my 4L80E. Will that work with a different pedal, or must they be kept together? Just want to make sure if I get a pedal, will I also need the TCM for that pedal as well.
The TCM doesnt care what pedal is used only the ECM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Staging Lane

Bingo, that is the answer I was hoping to hear. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Is it possible to use a pedal from another vehicle?