Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gm tech 2 w/candy WON'T preform code 316 crank position relearn???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gm tech 2 w/candy WON'T preform code 316 crank position relearn???

Let me give a rundown of my build first.......

2005 lq4 6.0:
stock except wait4meperformance ecu reflash, 180 therm, 3in exhaust, ls1 intake...fuel rail, injectors....converted to throttle cable, home made cai with plenty of straight room on both sides of the mas air.......

computer is out of a 2004 so i could have drive by throttle....has provisions for the tps that i needed.....

wiring harness all done by speartech and they also checked the ecu to make sure it would work....

This is all in a 1970 elcamino..... with a th350 tranny.....

The car is throwing the 316 crank position relearn code......due to the ecu and motor not being from the same vehicle.....i think?.....Every time i have a tech 2 pluged in and am trying to preform the relearn it goes into the steps.....i enter through all of them.....the data comes up....then all the sudden the screens wipes out and it says "error"........???

The car seems to run perfect in safe mode with the mass air sensor unplugged......

Also....i did notice with the car running the way it is has 50 deg. of timing at 4000 rpms......??? i think thats a little much....???

Any ideas......im starting to get angry !!! This is also posted in the tuning forum as well