Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck PCM A/C wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to disregard the high pressure switch as I am confident in my fan performance.

I have my low pressure switch (universal older style) wired inline with clutch clutch relay activation circuit (pin 43).

The system is charged.

I am about to plug in Hptuners and see if I can force ground at pin 43.

This is bullshit honesty. Pretty pissed I just paid too much to have A/C lines made and yet again my questionable mail order tune is causing issues.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

I can command mine on too, but still won't come on by putting 12v to C2-17. I'm getting pissed too!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

When I say command on, it's with my scanner, and also HP Tuners. I've been fighting this for a long time. I'm about to just use the pressure switches and bypass the PCM all together.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

I just forced it on through HPtuners and it worked.

Looks like we are in the same boat so to speak.

Who programmed your PCM?

Is there any chance one of the pressure switched provides power and not ground to the harness?

I really dont have an issue hardwiring the system and using the low side switch to cycle the compressor. I guess I could just go ahead and wire the fan relays to my in dash A/C switch to handle them. Or maybe lower the fan turn on temp to some stupid low value.

Last edited by NoClassic; 05-29-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

I'd rather not say publicly, as he is still working on it. But PM me a phone number and I'll tell you everything we've done.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

I went ahead and grounded both pins 11 and 55 and there was no change.

Is there any chance that my PCM could show to be from a 2001 silverado because of the VIN, but in actuality have a full Camaro program on it?

I am thinking this may be the case because I had my tuner program the PCM to function with Camaro injectors. It also shows that I have both high and low speed fan control in HPtuners, which I did not think was possible with a truck program.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoClassic
I went ahead and grounded both pins 11 and 55 and there was no change.

Is there any chance that my PCM could show to be from a 2001 silverado because of the VIN, but in actuality have a full Camaro program on it?

I am thinking this may be the case because I had my tuner program the PCM to function with Camaro injectors. It also shows that I have both high and low speed fan control in HPtuners, which I did not think was possible with a truck program.

You can have hi and low speed fans with the truck OS, but you need to make sure the recirc door switch is shut off in the OS. I know HP tuners couldn't do this part of the tune, but by now they might have caught up, with the rest of the programing world and added this feature.

If it was tuned with HP Tuners, normally the vin has to match the OS that is being run. Another one of their great features. Yes Bill, I realize you think it was the only way to do your model / year license scheme, but it isn't, so you can keep on believing that, along with some of the other things you think you know.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"You can have hi and low speed fans with the truck OS"
Yep. My Howell harness has those wires in it. [05 H2 Hummer PCM]
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

The PCM was tuned using LS1edit. Not sure if that changes what the PCM may appear to be in Hptuners.

Joe you are saying the pin 33 (recirc door) would be programmed to ground the high speed fan relay?
Old 05-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoClassic
The PCM was tuned using LS1edit. Not sure if that changes what the PCM may appear to be in Hptuners.

Joe you are saying the pin 33 (recirc door) would be programmed to ground the high speed fan relay?
Yes, but you need to make sure, that the recirc door is turned off or it will not work

Quick Reply: Truck PCM A/C wiring