Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1933 Ford Coupe/Roadster Stroker Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys i appreciate it. I have another project thats on hold at the moment. Its a 1950 Plymouth coupe. Its going to get the ls1 from my brothers fbody once he decides to swap out the motor. Meanwhile i most of the way through chopping it. this was the winter project not this past winter but the one before it when i got really board of working on this hotrod.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...advice.755026/

here is a before and after so far:

Old 06-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcello7x
I think the cage was actually the 2nd thing i ever tig'ed. I would love to take some classes once i finish up gradschool. I would love to start over with with a new project, but i want to atleast get this thing on the street to drive while i build other things.
Screw classes, just practice and prep. For an early example that looks like a killer weld. So all you really need to do is prep better. Have a few X ray'd or cut them in half to make sure your getting penetration and run with it.

She sounds sweet!

Later
-Russell
Old 06-09-2014, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rat_rod_russell
Screw classes, just practice and prep. For an early example that looks like a killer weld. So all you really need to do is prep better. Have a few X ray'd or cut them in half to make sure your getting penetration and run with it.

She sounds sweet!

Later
-Russell
Thanks i appreciate it! I think if i got a foot pedal and ditched the scroll wheel i'll have a million times better puddle control.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So i've been having a binding issue with my steering. Always attributed it to making it an after though when building my frame and everything else. Definitely not something that comes to mind when you build a car from scratch.

Up untill the current steering overhaul i had 3 u joints, and 2 hiem joints for support. a mix and match of gm parts and some aftermarket parts.

By replacing the GM 17mm u joint on the rack, plus modifying the rack mounts to tilt it further back, i was able to remove one hiem and potentially just use 2 joint now. 1 possibly being a double thought.

BUT it turns out my binding is due to a bent stering columb shaft. The ever so slight warp at the end has been the issue the whole time. I need to cut the shaft short and weld it an after market tube/ 1" steering shaft.

Last edited by Marcello7x; 06-13-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

This is one of the most sweatty things about using old car parts. Often or not always the donor cars has been crashed in some way. Even if its just "a dent" in the rear, the front can be off as well.
My chassis came from a corvette that was scrapped because an engine fire. but the left rear spidle was very bent. So that had been before.
You never know what the car has been through.

Here is an early pic. I got very lucky when I built this. It turned out a lot better than I had planned. Its only 5 mm space to fram and the same to exhaust, but I got it approved.
Attached Thumbnails 1933 Ford Coupe/Roadster Stroker Build-img_0580.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1933 Ford Coupe/Roadster Stroker Build