Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 to 6.0 swap turbo silverado

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 to 6.0 swap turbo silverado

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum thing, but I need some opinions on a 5.3 to 6.0 swap. I have a 99 silverado with the 5.3, but it is and always has been much slower than a 5.3 should be. It has 180000+ mi so maybe thats why but I have a buddy with an 01 with cai and programmer that stays right next to mine with 5# of boost. Anyways, I have an lq4 that i wanna stick in it now. I have been told that with head studs and some ARP fasteners that the motor could handle 15# of boost. Don't know how accurate that is, but if I could get 10# or 12# out of it I would be happy. I plan on putting the head studs, ARP fasteners, and putting a cam in it, but I was wondering what I can expect with that setup. Also, is swapping a ls6 or possibly a fast intake gonna make a noticeable difference....Any opinions or thoughts on that would be great...Thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boyleb
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum thing, but I need some opinions on a 5.3 to 6.0 swap. I have a 99 silverado with the 5.3, but it is and always has been much slower than a 5.3 should be. It has 180000+ mi so maybe thats why but I have a buddy with an 01 with cai and programmer that stays right next to mine with 5# of boost. Anyways, I have an lq4 that i wanna stick in it now. I have been told that with head studs and some ARP fasteners that the motor could handle 15# of boost. Don't know how accurate that is, but if I could get 10# or 12# out of it I would be happy. I plan on putting the head studs, ARP fasteners, and putting a cam in it, but I was wondering what I can expect with that setup. Also, is swapping a ls6 or possibly a fast intake gonna make a noticeable difference....Any opinions or thoughts on that would be great...Thanks
Welcome to the site!!! You should click the Performance Trucks link up top. This site is dedicated to our type trucks and some offbrand stuff as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size turbo are u going to use? We have a truck in the shop now getting twin 60s.

Quick Reply: 5.3 to 6.0 swap turbo silverado